Show Me

Show Me

A Poem by Chelsea
"

A requested write.

"

Show Me

Strung along a piece of braided rope

I’m simply one of a million beads

Shining under some male lights

But what light shall be mine?

 

A sea of curvy bodies

All so divine and beautiful

I’m here with my hands clasped in knots

When will I see her?

 

My eyelids are shielded by skin lids

My brain wrapped in his glory

Tonight I pray,

Show me this man, my man.

 

I’m on my knees

See me?

I’m crying out to you

Show me the girl, the girl you’ve chosen.

 

*fingers snap*

*lit paths*

 

 

© 2011 Chelsea


Author's Note

Chelsea
I was requested to write this by a writer on the cafe, J Michael Simmonds. It's about a man and woman trusting in God to find their husband or wife!
Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm alittle confused on some of the wording that you are using in your poem. What does "Shining under some male lights" mean? You might want to clear up that part of the poem. Also a correction to the word "devine" could be changed out with "divine" Those are my only two suggestions. Your meaning in your poem is also kind of lost to me about what you are trying to convey. Maybe it's just me though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i think its a great writing, and at first I was kind of thrown by the line "Shining under some male lights"-but then I thought about all the men who try and shine their light for attention, which I think is what you meant by that line. We are all hoping to find the right person to be our forever mate, and I think this poem conveys the sentiments nicely. And i see you corrected that one mistake so i will give you the full amount of rating points!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such good and beautiful poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What are trying to show me I only can see free line are metaphor , it will mak you think but very nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Pad. Its well written, but some of the imagery is confusing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great poem! Very thoughtful and descriptive. I like it a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your use of a rope to signify the intricatness of the dance is a wonderful metaphor. You use the expression of lights well, and your alternation of viewpoints is well done, not excessive or overly glaring. Your ending with the phrase "blinded by his light" is excellent since you referenced the "male lights" earlier in the story. A good piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it! You don't exactly know the message but then it slowly comes out. Good job, truly! keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can definitely appreciate this piece on a personal level, I like how the voice shifts back and forth and the care you took to help the audience see that. Some of the imagery is a bit abstract, but I can also see the beauty in it so I approve. The last two lines also come off as an epiphany- that the boy and girl have finally found each other all of a sudden, when they least expected it, which is so true of how life can be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a lovely write and it posseces a very interesting imagry, almost hebraic in form..... Excellent Write


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love this. i dont know what else to say, this really speaks to me. such a beautiful poem. i love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1019 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 16, 2011
Last Updated on February 16, 2011

Author

Chelsea
Chelsea

Canada



About
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. - Carl Sandburg Hello! Thank you for checkin’ out my page on the café! My name is Chelsea or Chels. I’m fifteen years old, your .. more..

Writing
Gun in School Gun in School

A Story by Chelsea



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..