Prologue: The Man I Am

Prologue: The Man I Am

A Chapter by Chelsea

Prologue: The Man I Am

A magazine lies upon the sidewalk. I pick up its crumpled self and flip it open to the first page. The page is of a family.


They are sitting upon a couch, glued to the television. The Mom and Dad are cuddled into a knot; their hands are entwined in a loving embrace. Their children, with mirrored faces of the parents, are sitting in perfect harmony.


My hand grips the paper, crumpling this sweet picture. Just like my perfect family was.

 



© 2011 Chelsea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A straightforward and simple start that sets the mind racing.
So many possible routes you could take this, you have a very different way of approaching it than I would and don't get caught up in the pointless details and heaps of description, you keep it bare and stripped back and catch the reader so easily.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi,
Sounds like this is going to be very interesting. Kat24

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A heartbreaking start, makes me wonder what kind of places you'll go to in the coming chapters, i know this is a subject you hold close to your heart so i'm sure this will be very respectful.
Can't wait to read more:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

900 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2011
Last Updated on February 19, 2011


Author

Chelsea
Chelsea

Canada



About
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. - Carl Sandburg Hello! Thank you for checkin’ out my page on the café! My name is Chelsea or Chels. I’m fifteen years old, your .. more..

Writing
Gun in School Gun in School

A Story by Chelsea



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Show Me Show Me

A Poem by Chelsea