The Truth of Lies (revised)

The Truth of Lies (revised)

A Poem by Damian Alan Gray
"

a collaboration with luthien7.

"

we are the zombie crowd
our fear is our guide
we scream at humanity
and sever all our ties.

…today, Britany Spears gave birth to her second…

ambling aimless after nothing
we're all so dead inside
we decay with every step
and rot truth within our eyes.

…at a news conference earlier this afternoon, President Bush said…


we are the zombie crowd
here we hunt and we hide
we are deceased, awake
truth becomes improvised.

…sources say that American Idol will see a drop in ratings this season due to…

talking heads in a vacuum
we're all so dead inside
walking by news tickers
and parroting parasites.

…in a related story, after almost eight years, Osama bin Laden has yet to be…

we are the zombie crowd
we're all so dead inside
we've become the bellies for
a food of misguiding lies.
 

© 2008 Damian Alan Gray


Author's Note

Damian Alan Gray
After consideration, and after luthien7 explained the meaning of villanelle poetry, she and I revised the original work together to produce this piece. Personally, I think it turned out great. Thanks Luthien! Your expertise is much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I couldn't agree more. I have yet to see a decent news program. it all seems so programed that I hardly ever care what's going on. A lot of what we isn't even what is really happening in the world, and everybody is content to merely be told something. I think my favortie line was'

"We are deceased awake
And truth becomes improvised"

Because nobody really cares anymore.
Really provoking thoughts. Awesome job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The poem points out the supposed obvious - but if it's so obvious, why isn't something being done about it? This is something that has to be said and said often.

forMARZly yours

Posted 15 Years Ago


I would definetly say it did turn out great or even greater still. A spot on identification of the shambling on of humanity. Kudos to you both.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Damian, thank you for your encouraging comment on "Taxing Agent", I will be performing that on Fri, and i'll get it up on youtube. I'll be sure to let you know.

i have gotta say, very nice! at first I was like where is he going with the britney spears line.. hahaha classic, but the way you brought in the interpretation of each statement this piece is beautifully written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jeb
I've often complained of the lack of a decent news program in the world today... its not like there is a lack of stories, the world is falling apart at the seams, but it seems that none of the important issues are covered anymore and its having a real adverse effect on society. Great piece of work Damian.

Posted 16 Years Ago


We've become the bellies...That's Golden. You stay close to the cliche throughout then end with this contemporary gut punch. Kind of pop compared with some of your other works. I like the incantations sense in your works .

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow. really fantastic, my dear. i didn't catch the piece before it was revised, but what you have here, as the end result, is really impressive.

i'm not big on poetry with statements, lol, as bad as that sounds... but mostly because they are usually done so pretentiously and poorly. but this piece really resonates, is set up beautifully. and is really quite wonderful.



Posted 16 Years Ago


"we are the zombie crowd
our fear is our guide
we scream at humanity
and sever all our ties."

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is great! So much emphasis is put on the unimportance of things going on in the world. I thought your message was uniquely written. Enjoyed.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Excellent piece of writing here.......looking at the world thru mass media's eyes is sometimes more useless drivel that we don't need.....we need more reality, and this is reality.....

Posted 16 Years Ago


i like the piece a lot. I like the italiced news lines. I do get caught up in the "nobody" cares sentiment though. I think the problem is not that nobody cares it is that the masses make it appear that nobody cares and that so many are zombies. I guess if you wrote a poem about "some people" it would loose its impact. the harsh images laid out in this piece just feel so true to society today, decaying minds, rotting, parasites. It is so angering to see so many just step in line. Nice Piece. It could be part of a series if you wanted to continue with it.

peace,
Danielle

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

752 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 22, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2008

Author

Damian Alan Gray
Damian Alan Gray

Spring Hill, FL



About
Damian Alan Gray is not an author, he is a writer. The difference being, of course, that an author's daily routine normally includes scheduling interviews with Oprah and book signings at Barnes and No.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Little Bones Little Bones

A Poem by Bubo