Blowing Sand

Blowing Sand

A Poem by Marie Harrison
"

a poem about time

"

Blowing Sand

grain by grain,

time is blowing away

all of the best

is leaving me now

 

cell by cell

I'm blowing away too

 

time to run

time to play

time to pray

 

swimming in the ocean

holding hands

long bubble baths

long talks with God

cooking chicken marsala

laughing

long vacations

slow dancing

going home

black diamond ski runs

dinner conversation

kisses in the dark

long walks with my dogs

jogging in shorts when it's cold

chocolate covered cherries

lots of hugs

reading a good book by a fire

 

grain by grain

these are the things

I want to blow my sand on

 

these are things

that matter

to me

and

my

cells

© 2011 Marie Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOVELY..!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


the things we hold dear are not much to ask for, the things that make us happy are what we must search for. really nice poem...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the little things that one chose to use their sand on. Life is pretty slow these days but what I do I do enjoy the most even if it is simply laying on the bed reading poetry while the TV talks to me. Simple is this poem but it says so much about life. I like the picture you used for this one too, she has cute toes. :) Nice write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


brava....i so enjoyed this marie...u r such an insightful poetess with this one..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the font style you used as it gave your poem artistic charisma! It's beautiful in conveying images of all things that matter to you blowing with the sand in the wind!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great write! It was enjoyable to read and made me feel relaxed.

Love the format that you used.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a relaxing list of do things that will bring pure pleasure!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gives the reader alot to think about. Makes me think about what I would blow my sand on. Good job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Each thought that we have ever had, each deed we ever did, and each dream we ever dreamed are as plentiful as sand and as big as the world. Time passes so quickly, but a part of us lives on forever. I loved your poem and how many simple things mean so much to you. Like my oldest daughter, at age 1, trying to walk our great dane, when she had just learned to walk herself. Like my middle daughter coming into the kitchen, at age 5, asking whether she could help with dinner; we made spaghetti with sand (it's a peanut butter sauce.) Like my youngest son of nearly 2 running off and, after we had looked everywhere, finding him in our own woods, eating a fallen apple. Like my youngest daughter, at age 8, singing with no music in a filled large auditorium, in her pajamas, holding a stuffed animal, the song her father and I had written for my youngest son (posted on this site as "Denny's Song.") The sands of time have given me so much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So beautiful. I love the format you have used..excellent!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1906 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 3, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2011
Tags: Time, Goals, Pleasure, Meaningful Life, Lifestyles

Author

Marie Harrison
Marie Harrison

Atlanta, GA



About
Momma told me to get out and enjoy life, so now I'm going to dance. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan