Just Ask Him

Just Ask Him

A Story by Chiga
"

It's so tempting to learn all the secrets to life, especially when all it takes is a polite, "Hello, Jesus. How are you today?"

"

She peeped inside the cafe window; that couldn't be Him, could it?  For sure, that’s how she imagined Him, as cliché as her view was.  The long brown hair, the beard.  Even His eyes were the same, though she hadn’t been sure what His eyes looked like until that moment.  Now she knew.  They were dark, spiraling, endless and concerned.  So much was hidden there, unseen.  And here she thought she knew Him.  Everyone did.  But, watching Him through that grimy window, she knew that this wasn’t the Him that was in her heart.  That was a different Him, a happier Him.

 

This Him was brooding in a corner, staring into space, a coffee mug resting in one hand while the other propped up His chin.  Those dark, dark eyes looked at nothing . . . and everything.  What was he watching?  The end of the world?  The start of His knew kingdom?

 

Or was He looking to the past?  To the miracles, the betrayals, the torture?

 

Who could know?  There were so many mysteries in this world.  No one could know them all--especially not the secrets that were hidden behind those long lashes.

 

She wanted to go in.  She wanted to sit beside Him.  She wanted to ask Him.

 

Ask Him what?

 

Everything.

 

She felt sure that, if she just went in, sat down, and asked, He would gladly share with her.  He looked lonely.  He wanted someone to talk to.  All she had to do was walk in that door . . .

 

But she didn’t.  She turned from the window, and walked away.

 

Yes, she wanted to ask Him about life.  Really, she did.

 

But that would have been cheating.

© 2011 Chiga


Author's Note

Chiga
This was originally for the "Finish That Sentence 3" contest, but, alas, my internet connection died and I was unable to submit it in time :(
Not a complete loss, though, as I really had fun writing this :)
Your thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very beautifully written. Great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


some of the postings here today...wow

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good posting, trying to forget the horrible erotica on big girls and no showering before sex? LOL i could never make love with a shower..I am way to self conscious on that..and I am dying of rheumatoid and very thin..

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
4 Reviews
Added on May 3, 2011
Last Updated on May 3, 2011
Tags: Ask, spiritual, life, secrets, Jesus

Author

Chiga
Chiga

OR



About
Just another weirdo bleeding thoughts on paper :) more..

Writing
For the Queen For the Queen

A Story by Chiga