Alpine Flower Among The Stones

Alpine Flower Among The Stones

A Poem by Chiquita
"

I climbed a mountain to get to the top. My quest led me to a better understanding of myself. I feel closer to myself than I have for a long while. I hope this trip to the mountain top has changed my life.

"

A tiny blossom
Lives among the stones,
Pretty and petite yet strong.
I see me when I see you.
Now I know my true reflection.
Eternity has sat in wait for us.

Forever has watched,
Longing for a subtle strength
Oblivious to the harsh environment.
Wonderment is tossed in a fierce wind,
Ever smiling at that which should not be.
Resolve is the power of our fine beauty.

Among the stones and the hardships of life,
Many things attempt to steal our breath.
Our soil is like rock,
Never-the-less our lives have emerged. 
Gone are the hardwoods and the evergreens.

Their strength was too little to survive.
Heaven holds it's breath. 
Every angel blows kisses from on high.

Strength is ours.
Tiny in stature, we
Outlive the mighty trees.
Nestled in the shelter of stones,
Ever after is a possibility in this harsh place.

Some how, strength is ours. 

I have climbed a mountain to find myself.  I was not the great struggle to get to the top.  I was not the glorious sights from on high.  I was  a tiny flower among the stones and beneath a fierce wind.   I should not be, yet I am.   I was looking for myself on a grand scale.  I found myself in a petite flower.  I am small.  I am beautiful.  I am frail, yet I survive.  I am as an alpine flower.  I am a mystery in this universe. 

© 2008 Chiquita


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen, Sister! What a lovely journey and write! Your underlying strength is a beautiful thing which we've been enjoying through reading your writing for years now! I'm so glad you were able to take this trip, find your truth and above all share it with us. You rock, and I'm glad to know you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is vivid yet gentle writing. A warm breeze of a poem - a sunbeam on a dreary day. peace.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes you are!!! What a lovely experience and poem. I'm so glad you found that mountain, found yourself, and through your great wisdom and strength... courageously shared it with the world. You've always come across as a very strong person to me.... frail, we all are.... awesome and wonderful are you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I sincerely loved the sharp detailing and wording,
touching and well thought out. reading is to ponder the grand scope.
the depth is imaginatively capturing, beautifully done.
I enjoyed reading every senternce, excellent work.


Posted 15 Years Ago


frailty is a funny thing; so often strength is thought to be a physical trait but real true strength is found within. It is the power of one's spirit that truly allows them to withstand the hardships of life ; to climb those mountains and reach the peak, not unscathed by the climb - but stronger for it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


fabulously lovely, a little alpine flower

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem is so beautiful and breathtaking. It completely captures the idea that life is tough with little miracles that remind us about all the goodness that is hidden. The metaphors are simply stunning and are definately your strong suit. I loved how you painted several pictures that all represent the same theme.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 20, 2008
Last Updated on September 20, 2008

Author

Chiquita
Chiquita

About
My 40th year has begun. I have started my life over many times. I find myself in a place where I am starting over yet again. I hope that my writing will find a place in my new life. I have fancied.. more..

Writing
Contemplation Contemplation

A Story by Chiquita



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..