Do You Follow Your Conscience?

Do You Follow Your Conscience?

A Story by ASMIDEEP
"

I believe that our Conscience is a part of God's image that constantly speaks to us about good & evil, but we ararely follow it's direction...

"

It is a great feeling when Christian thoughts and theology are supported and accepted in the secular arena. One fine morning I was reading my newspaper, I came across an article titled: “Follow your basic instinct…”. I read the whole article very intently and seriously. I found out that it says, “if we follow our conscience instead of following our will or urge we will be always on the right path.” Although the word conscience has been substituted with the phrases like ‘basic instinct’, ‘inner voice’ in the article. It quotes the saying of a psychiatrist who says, “most of us believe in our instinct but very few of us actually listen and pay heed to it, instead we do the way our hormones demand”. I remember Saint Paul saying in Rom. 7:15, “…for what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do…” that means he knew what’s right and wrong as directed by his conscience (or the inner voice, the instinct, as mentioned in the newspaper article), but he was doing the opposite as directed by his fleshly urge.

The article further says, “generally our interest – or inner voice and subconscious mind – and our thinking are at war with each other.” And look at 1st Peter 2:11, where saint Peter urges the believers to abstain from sinful desires, that war against the soul.

Finally the writer concludes that, “Instinct is inborn, but it needs to be developed. Your conscious mind has to be consciously free and alert to listen to your inner voice, your subconscious.” In my last article, “A Clear Conscience “, I have mentioned that conscience is created by and a gift from God. And its true that it needs to be developed, Paul says, “I strive to have a clear conscience…” (Acts 24:16); that’s what the development of conscience all about.

I would agree to the fact that even as Christians we ignore the warnings of our conscience at the right time and end up in chaos; we should not do that, because God speaks to us through our consciences. So, let’s just follow our consciences.

 

© 2008 ASMIDEEP


Author's Note

ASMIDEEP
I would love if the readers add there thoughts to my article...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I totally agree. I'm quite young (14) and quite religious, and at this age seriously we often ignore our conscience, soul, inner being, or whatever you call it. But yeah, it is hard to listen to it, and sometimes it gets to a point where the tiny voice of 'my' conscience disappears completely. But yeah, it has to be paid attention to or it will disappear and anyway I don't even really understand what I'm talking about now so... umm... yeah bye. Awesome write and really good point. Toodles.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I totally agree. I'm quite young (14) and quite religious, and at this age seriously we often ignore our conscience, soul, inner being, or whatever you call it. But yeah, it is hard to listen to it, and sometimes it gets to a point where the tiny voice of 'my' conscience disappears completely. But yeah, it has to be paid attention to or it will disappear and anyway I don't even really understand what I'm talking about now so... umm... yeah bye. Awesome write and really good point. Toodles.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And I get to be the lucky one to give you my thoughts first. This article was not only informational but a pleasure to read. I have wanted to get here sooner. Thank you for your friends request if I have not messaged you. You will find when I drop in I am always on the fly. lOL

I have often wanted to try my hand at an article but not sure where to begin. I would say though that this is very good and if I picked up a magizine and began to read, I would continue reading.

Great Job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

920 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2008
Last Updated on October 16, 2008

Author

ASMIDEEP
ASMIDEEP

India



About
Read My Articles: if (WIDGETBOX) WIDGETBOX.renderWidget('b3f833a7-a628-4ed9-b3c8-edfcfb770a3f');Get the My Triond Articles widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? .. more..

Writing