A Simple Truth About A Simple Race

A Simple Truth About A Simple Race

A Story by Kiara Auddino
"

This is a bit one sided but I wrote it in a time of anger, you can probably guess what I was angry about from reading it. Sorry about being opinionated.

"

Movies? What are they good for…absolutely nothing!


Yes, they show the struggle of homework.


Yes, they show that mean girls exist.


Yes, they show the treatment of being a geek.


But no, no they don’t show the honest, 100% truth about how horrid boys can actually be. All they ever show is the boy running to the airport to get his girl, or a boy grabbing his girl’s hand and dragging her to the middle of the dance floor so that they can slow dance into their happily ever after.


What they don’t show is how boys never actually do any of those lame but adorable acts of affection. They don’t tell you that if you walk away from a boy he isn’t going to run up and scoop you into his firm arms and kiss you passionately in the pouring rain. If you walk away, they walk as well but in the other direction.


Yes, I’m being one sided but can you really blame me. The struggles that decent girls go through to find decent guys are almost as painful as child birth. Not all males are the same but they sure as hell think same. Being female means I have to learn to live with them and I understand that they have to do the same but all I ask is that movies stop giving us hope for romantic getaways or kisses in the middle of the street.

© 2014 Kiara Auddino


Author's Note

Kiara Auddino
Looking for a debate. Feel free to give your opinion on the topic

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Movies focus on the good things in life , the fantasies , the instances that everyone wants to live but only few experience. I agree a individual will struggle to find someone but when they do isn't the pain worth it? The person you finally find is someone who understands you and works with you.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Added on May 25, 2014
Last Updated on May 25, 2014
Tags: boys, girls, love, hate, bravado

Author

Kiara Auddino
Kiara Auddino

Sydney, Penrith, Australia



About
I am a young writer who enjoys fictional stories more..

Writing