Chance Meeting Or Destiny

Chance Meeting Or Destiny

A Story by Chris A Jones
"

A short story. In the form of journal entries.

"

Finding Her

Journal Entry January 21, 2016

I have had many a dream over the years that seemed so real.  When I did I would write the story in my journal to research later.  I wanted to keep a record so that I would be able to tell if elements of the dream had any basis in reality or not and more specifically whether the events in the dream ever happen.

 

Recently, I began dreaming of a woman, who in my dream was my wife.  She was so very beautiful, with fiery red hair, blue green eyes, and lips that you would never want to stop kissing.  She was proportionally well suited to pleasing for anyone who could appreciate the finer half that is woman.  Her smile made the room light up with joy at first appearance.  Never before had I seen or met someone so beautiful.

 

In my dream, I had met her in south Florida, near Miami Beach, many years before.  I couldn’t understand how it was I knew her or whether she was even real.  There was just something about her that made me know that she was the person whom I trusted most in life. 

 

There was something else that I could not understand.  The world we were in, as part of the dream was very futuristic.  Flying cars, buildings with what appeared to be hovering platforms. 

 

Occasionally, I would catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or passing by a reflective window.  I was the person who I was staring at in the mirror.  But I looked nothing like the person I am today. 

 

There was something else.  In the past, dreams like this would rarely reoccur more than once.  I have been having this dream repeatedly for a number of weeks now.  It was as if the dream was trying to tell me something.  As if I was supposed to find her.   

 

How could I find her though?  If I met her in Miami, a place to which I never visited, and for that matter in a state I am no where near, in a city with a population of over 91,000 souls, how was I to find one individual to which I wasn’t even sure existed.

 


Journal Entry January 30, 2016

I have had the dream again.  This time the two of us were strolling along the beach talking about our lives.  Actually, it was a little more specific.  The mention of past lives and knowing we had been together before.  I was not a believer in the idea of past lives.

 

I finally learned her name in the dream.  Susan! I have yet to figure out what my name is in the dream.  Since it obviously is not the person I am today, I desperately want to know who the gentleman she is talking with is. 

 

In this dream, Susan and I apparently just got back from Switzerland.  She mentioned to me how much she enjoyed the trip and that she wanted to go back soon.  I assume of course that both of us went to Switzerland.  I had not actually dreamed about being to Switzerland although I had wanted to go in real life.

 


Journal Entry February 10, 2016

I finally had the dream where I learned who I am in the dream.  My name in the dream is Charles.  I apparently was a wealthy businessman in Miami, although I do not yet know what I actually did in my business.  Susan was a model from what I have been able to piece together from my dreams.

 

I still don’t know this for sure, and I should admit that I am still not a believer in past lives.  However, I have started to get the distinct feeling that this dream was actually a future life of mine.  I’ve heard of people reliving their so called past live events.  But I have never heard of people dreaming about future live events.  How could it be possible though that I was so deeply drawn to this woman?  Is this really a potentially future life?  I have to keep looking for clues that tell me when this is all happening.

 


Journal Entry March 2, 2016

I know it has been a while since I have added to my journal.  I had not had the dreams for a while.  Last nights dream was very vivid and quite enlightening.  I now know that this dream is from the future.  Seventy years in the future if the newspaper I read in the dream was correct.  I was meeting Susan in the dream for lunch at a local Miami restaurant later that day. 

 

I am becoming desperate to find out the meaning of the dream.  I am considering whether to head to Miami, a city I know very little about, to see if I might bump into the woman in my dreams.  But if she is not going to be alive for another seventy years, how can I possibly find her.

 

I am beginning to believe based on my past dreams of the two individuals, that the woman and man are future incarnations of myself and some other woman.  If that is the case, I need to find out who the other woman is in her incarnation. 

 

I am trying to figure out how to control the elements of the dream.  I want desperately to learn who Susan, is and if she is a future incarnation of someone, who was a past incarnation.  As well, am I the past incarnation of Charles in the dream. The couple has already been talking about past lives.  Maybe I can bring that out in the dream, but researching the phenomena.


Journal Entry March 4, 2016

I don’t know if I just desperately want to believe it or if there is any truth to the dream.  But I now believe that I am indeed a past incarnation of Charles.   I specifically mentioned in the dream that in my past life, my name was Michael and that I was from Chicago.  I was indeed from Chicago, and of course I am Michael.  So is there any truth to this or is it possible that my own bias is feeding the dreams outcome.

 

 I have also learned that Susan was also from Chicago in her past life.  We both grew up in Chicago and both went to the same high school.  I have yet to put a face to the woman in the past life or even a name.   Still I think I am finally getting to a point where I am able to control at least small parts of the dream.  Whether it will help me gain insight into what I am dreaming or not is yet in question.


Journal Entry March 5, 2016

The dreams are coming more often now.  The dreams have occurred two nights in a row now.  Still don’t know much more about Susan’s past incarnation.   However, I think that I might have met her at a college in North Carolina, if the dreams description was clear about Susan’s past life.   I did in fact go to school in North Carolina.  I met a lot of nice women back there.  But without having a face to go by or at least a name, I have no way of knowing who the person may be.  Since the dreams are occurring more often, now, maybe I will find out the missing piece of the puzzle tonight. 


Journal Entry March 6, 2016

Christine!  That is Susan’s past incarnation name.  I have been searching thru my college yearbook for the person who was named Christine, hoping that something will jog my memory.  Why is it that these dreams can’t get right down to business and tell me for whom I am searching.  A name is simply just not enough. 

 

Christine, if you exist, please tell me where to find you.  I have so many questions that I need answered. 


Journal Entry March 7, 2016

I finally am able to put a face to the name Christine.  I didn’t find it from the dream either.  I remembered one of my girlfriends had a roommate that was named Christine.   I remembered thinking she was so beautiful.  I also remembered having a feeling years ago, that the two of us should have been together.  I never was able to ask her out.  I was devoted to Christine’s roommate and could not act on my feelings because of that. 

 

Could this dream be telling me that I have a chance with Christine now that I didn’t realize I would have?  Is it possible the dream is trying to tell me that Christine is my soul mate?  I don’t know for sure, but I am desperate now to find out what happened to Christine.  I have decided to contact her old roommate whom I am still friends with to see if she knows where Christine may have gone after graduation.

 

Continued. March 7, 2016

Christine’s roommate could not give me much information.  Only that Christine had moved back to Chicago as was working there the last time she talked to her.  Now finally with a bit of luck maybe I will have a way to find Christine and see if this is our shared destiny.  Still in a city of over 2.7 million people, how do I find her?  Maybe with sleep I will be able to refresh myself enough to think of a way to find her.


Journal Entry March 8, 2016

I had the dream again.  Only this time it was of Christine and myself meeting for the first time.  How can this be?  I have not officially met Christine.  The location I meet her is on the ‘L’ train, on the way to a museum.  Is this true, I might be dreaming my destiny?  I am heading to the station now to catch the ‘L’.  If I am lucky maybe today is the day I actually meet her.

 

Continued March 8, 2016

I don’t believe it.  There she is.  Christine is standing just two feet in front of me.  How do I approach her?  If I explain to her the dreams, she will not believe them.   Or perhaps she has also been having dreams.   How do I start this conversation without scaring her away?  In the dream we met and talked over coffee.  I am going to ask her if she remembers me from college and invite her for a cup of coffee.   Wish me luck.


Journal Entry March 9, 2016

Christine and I talked for hours yesterday.  Turns out she believes in reincarnation.  She was also having similar dreams.  Apparently she never rode the ‘L’ train before that day.  Call it fate, call it destiny, I am happy to call it whatever you want to call it.  Last night with Christine was amazing.  I can’t believe that I never took the time to date her in college.  If my dreams are right, I am not going to let this chance pass me by.  I don’t think she wants to either. 

 

Oh sorry, I have to go.  Christine wants me to join her in the shower.  Talk to you later.  

 

 

© 2016 Chris A Jones


Author's Note

Chris A Jones
This is a short story, written in the form of a journal. I am thinking of turning this around and writing an actual novel from the short. But curious about the interest in the story line.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, you kept me reading from beginning until the end. Now you just have to either fall back to sleep or continue the dream. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

lol! It's a teaser. The real story will not be all a dream. It's hard to take an idea for a nov.. read more
This is a great story. I like how it's written. It's different.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Very much appreciate your input.
T.S. Sky

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. 😊
i feel it would make a great novel,it is interesting and fun to read

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I have a novel on the way and three more in the series that I want to get out. May fit.. read more
 wordman

7 Years Ago

i`m sure you will..

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2016
Last Updated on December 16, 2016
Tags: Soul Mate, Finding True Love

Author

Chris A Jones
Chris A Jones

Florissant, CO



About
Author of 'Reversione: Reset The Future' available in bookstores now. Currently working on 'Reversione: Lost In Time'. I am a new 47 year old author currently living in the area of Dallas Texas,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..