Home

Home

A Story by Chrys Marie
"

Even adventurers need a place to call home.

"
I wasn't enough. I know that.

You were a traveler with wanderlust running in your veins while I was a tree, rooted to my spot. You had a hunger for thrills and the wind against your skin, and a thirst for the road and unfamiliar faces.

I wasn't enough, yes.

You were looking for an adventure in my sea of calm and quiet, and I could not provide. You wanted a storm but I could only give you rain. You wanted an epic but I could only write a sonnet.

But I still want you to know that while I'm not an adventure, I am home. I'll be right here, waiting for you, no matter what.

I am where you can find solace when the world grows too wild for you. I am a lullabye when the music grows too loud for you. My rain will wash away your tears so the world can't see you cry.

There are those who might call me a fool for waiting for someone like you but their voices are silenced by the thought that because I am your home, no matter how far you go, I'm the one that you will always come back to.

© 2017 Chrys Marie


Author's Note

Chrys Marie
So it's been a very, very long time since I last posted on this website. I do hope you'll all forgive me for my absence and I look forward, once again, to sharing my work with you all. I also have plans to get back on reviewing the works of others because I do like reading other people's work. Hopefully, I'll be able to become as active as I was before on this website.

There is a reason to my sudden appearance now, of all times. I'm now in eleventh grade and chose HUMSS as my academic strand. I find that Creative Writing is the subject where I'm strongest at so I decided to return to this website to publish my work in order to get feedback from others. This is to help me improve for Creative Writing so I would really appreciate any comment and criticism as long as they're done politely.

This is just the first of many that I plan to post. My sudden disappearance way back then was due to extreme busyness with school matters but during that time, I've also written a number of pieces that I find I'd appreciate receiving feedback on. Yes, it's been about four or five months since my creative block was lifted. Please feel free to share your thoughts on my work! Although I think I should mention that this one was more of an exercise than an actual piece but I decided to post it anyway because I received positive feedback from my class.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely loved this... There is fantastic word play and metaphorical usages and clever devices used which makes this poem all the more impactful. I feel privileged to be the first one commenting on this piece. Keep writing and sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chrys Marie

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2017
Last Updated on July 13, 2017

Author

Chrys Marie
Chrys Marie

QC, Philippines



About
ʙʀᴜɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ sᴛᴀʀs I'm a sixteen year old stud.. more..

Writing