This is my life

This is my life

A Story by Christine
"

Just something I came across as I unpacked a box of unfinished stories. This too is unfinished but I figured if I posted it I would attempt to finish it. LOL

"

 

Where to begin? I guess it should start at the beginning.
Death has followed me my entire life, from the first agonizing breath to now. I swear that if I look over my left shoulder I’d see ‘Him’ standing with a calm smile, laughing blue eyes patiently waiting for me. Death, my constant companion, and the one I see in my dreams; the first thing I feel when I open my eyes in the morning. He lingers in the shadows, lurking.

One would think that I would be scared to know that death is there in the shadows waiting patiently on me to have a weak moment to pounce and take me. But, I’m not. I’m relieved, to know that I won’t leave this world alone. I will be guided by a trusted friend. He’ll guide me on my journey to the other realm.
 
I went to a psychic once. She held my hand, looked into my eyes, and in a soft raspy voice of a person who has smoked one too many cigarettes over the years said, “Your life is full of tears and sorrow. Sadness, darkness follows you like a shadow. There are bright spots though out your life…some as bright as the sun. But unlike the sun, these bright spots either burn themselves out too quickly or they end up burning you which causes more sadness; more sorrow to enter your life. Death has given you an escape three different times from this life yet, you still remain here in this miserable existence in this human form. Why? Why haven’t you escaped this torment?”
 
“Why?” I’ve asked myself that question many a time over the years and to be completely honest, I don’t know the answer to the question. Something always pulls me back from the edge, from the brink. Something tethers me to this world. Something needs me to stay and help. I hear it whisper in the wind on a cloudy day…in the song of a bird, when my daughter smiles at me. I hear it. I hear it in my soul. “Stay. Help me.”
 
The world is full of misguided fools. How misguided are they you probably are asking yourself. Very, is the answer…very misguided.

© 2009 Christine


Author's Note

Christine
I know it's not finished...no where near finished, but I figured I would post it and find the motivation to finish it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this was wonderful. I was so captured by the passion and sadness of your words. It's interesting that I felt sad, but I was caught up in the web of your story. Well done! I think you are amazing with the way you write. I could see and feel the scene with the psychic. I could picture the table and you sitting across from it, hearing all of those things. I was trapped by your images and that is a sign of a great writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this was wonderful. I was so captured by the passion and sadness of your words. It's interesting that I felt sad, but I was caught up in the web of your story. Well done! I think you are amazing with the way you write. I could see and feel the scene with the psychic. I could picture the table and you sitting across from it, hearing all of those things. I was trapped by your images and that is a sign of a great writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My mom had once told me something which I hadn't "really" accepted until I was grown enough to understand it...
"Everyone has their time of death written in the stars. If your time hasn't come, nothing and no one can kill you. When it does come, nothing and no one can make you live longer."

I believe I understand where you're coming from with this story. Our experiences may differ but I often feel that constant companion myself, and wonder if I have completed the "purpose" I was brought into this world, if my time to go somewhere else has finally arrived.

I look forward to ready more of this as you write it.

Peace to you and yours,
Matt

Posted 15 Years Ago


How many times have I met Death's gaze squarely to see him turn and walk away? Even as a little girl, I knew. We have loads left to carry, I guess.

This is an excellent write. I like the personification of Death. Just another character in the book of your life. Almost friend-like. Too many are afraid of death and dying, not that I'm a huge fan, but I believe we ought to take a little friendlier view.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


There are many very scarey and mysterious near death
incidents in the lives of each of us--- all without benifit of
a psychic.
I have personally experienced the influence of unseen and
unexplainable forces, which if surrended too would have meant
immediate death.
Yes, you have the potential for a great book in this subject.
If you wanted to take the time and expend the effort to research
it, you would find a wealth of material in short order.
Fabulous imagination !
Great story!
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. That word doesn't begin to cover what you've started here. Please let me know when you add more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



The other day I read the story of a young woman`s life
and I was thoroughly amused. She had written the story
of her life and I had to ask----what life ? She had hardly
begun to live.
Isn`t that a question for most of us ?
---- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow so far . . . . . amazing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2008
Last Updated on June 21, 2009

Author

Christine
Christine

Linton, IN



About
I am an aspiring writer and a struggling freelance photographer. Please feel free to browse around my photos...if you like one, they're for sale. ;-) Please check out my site. I am sure there is somet.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..