Run

Run

A Story by ClaireBear
"

Better keep running! :D

"
My bare feet were scratched from all the twigs and rocks. My breath was hurried, forced, and fast. My chest pounded with the painful beat of my heart. But I couldn't stop. No way. If I stopped running, then...I would die. Well that's cheerful isn't it? Yeah, I think not. The dog's barking was slowly growing louder as the Hunters were gaining on me. And, like in the movies, I had reached a cliff.
          "Damn it, really?! Really, why me?! Why now?!", I shouted to no one in particular. But, also like in movies, the ocean was in front of me. Here goes 5 years of swimming lessons. Closing my eyes, I hopped off the cliff, feeling the rush of the air beside me and the salty sea spray sprinkle my face. Carefully I assumed diving position, and the water was inches from my face, but it felt like hours for my hands to feel it's cold sensation. By some miracle, I hit no rocks.
          As my body hit the sand, I forced my numb legs to pound off of the ground, sending me upwards towards the surface. And then I felt something hit the base of my neck - like when you get a shot at the doctors. Uh-oh. Slowly my hands reached towards the pain, and sure enough they yanked out a small dart, which was sure to mean I would die from the dart's poisonous venom any second now.
          While the darkness took over my vision, I somehow managed to start laughing like a crazy person. "You may have got me!" I shouted, "But you'll never find him! He knows you're after him, he'll mislead you! Just bet on it!"
          All I felt were a pair of strong hands grab my shoulders, shaking me. Someone was shouting my name. "Anna! Anna I'm here!" I knew it. My dead father had come to gather me. I took his hand. And then it was all over.
 

© 2011 ClaireBear


Author's Note

ClaireBear
Felt dark when I wrote this. >:) Hope you enjoy, and let your imagination take you on the rest of the adventures of Anna! Comments are always appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I so wish I could know more of Anna's story! You should totally post more... just sayin'. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Found It hilarious and laughed. But such a sad way to end it. While at the same, sweet. Her father came to get her ^^ sweet. Shows family's there all the time

Posted 12 Years Ago


A few sentences in, I thought it was going to simply be a dramatic scene full of visual fodder, but when I got to, "Well that's cheerful isn't it?" I knew humor was going to be part as well. But you laced the funny with the dramatic superbly. This is a very dramatic scene that leaves you guessing, but the several funny injections brings the narrator on a all-too-human level to the reader. Kudos!

Posted 12 Years Ago


thanks guys i love the support! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


That's twice today that I'm left wondering: What will happen next? Your prose is well crafted and the descriptives are thrilling. Action packed goodness that needs more context. Please continue with this. I think the world could use a bit more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Man, this was intense! I lived the clarity of your writing. This almost sounds like the ending to a story. Not the end, but close enough to scare you. A very suspense filled piece!
I wish to know more about the runaway Anna! And the character herself was just charming and spiteful. "Damn it, really?!"

Posted 12 Years Ago


:) thank ya'll for the nice review!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice imagery! And when u described the shot on the neck, I felt a prickly sensation on my own neck. :p nicely done Claire!

Posted 12 Years Ago


:O wow...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ooooh! Instense, Claire!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011

Author

ClaireBear
ClaireBear

Portland, OR



About
Hey my name's Claire and I'm 13. I love music, I love writing, I love reading, and I love eating. Music inspires me to keep moving on. I like bands and singers like Avril Lavigne, Justin Bieber, Angel.. more..

Writing