SYNTH PT. 2

SYNTH PT. 2

A Story by ClockWork GRIMM
"

A scarlette story of a time when we go extinct...

"

I walked down the desolate stretch of roadway. I know this is the beginning of the end and the night stays so quiet. All the people of the world are gone. The air whisps past my helmet as the cold air wraps it's blanket of cold around me. The synthesized sounds of intention and feeling wrap my brain as I look out to the abandoned wastelands of the world shaded in night. "The curtain goes down, on him again...", is all I hear from the artificial sounds eminating from my headphones as the world seems alone. Cold and distant.

The giant monoliths of human creation tower over me and the roadway I drive upon. Acting as god-like reminders of the wonder of this civilization come to pass. This new chapter that is beginning shall start in a note of euphoria and sorrow. The moon fills the night sky and cannot be missed. I hear," The purge is about to begin!" "Whatever...", I say is stone cold reply.

The behemoth gates slowly open for it's treasures for the taking and with that I skid into the city of desolate horrors. My mind cannot be more clear. As I drop with my motorcycle in toe I pass by the vaults and statues to human engineering and I am saddened by what I see... In this mega-structure of a city, The only life is the little bit i bring into it...

Everyone littering the maze-like streets are nothing more than walking zombies... The Virus... A virus that sucks out all life from anything living that it touches. By now, Human beings are an endangered species. That's the reason I'm here. I am one of a select few here to try and protect what little life is left in this post-humanity wasteland... And to find The Sources. Called by their codename, 'Plagues'.

These plagues are the leaders of the walking corpses filling the walkways. Human like in all appearance but with minute genetic anomalies.

Suddenly, Fuyu appears to me within my helmet while I am in mid-free fall. Fuyu is a digital companion. A sort of projected companion that stays within my motorcycle. My motorcycle is an amazing piece of engineering. It is run completely off of magnets that drive it to speeds of near 700 mph. It has a streamlined design but is still big and bulky. Partially, because it carries weapons, and other needed items, as well as the main server for Fuyu to run off of as I operate the vehicle.

"Zero!", Fuyu yells as I grasp back to reality. We drop hundreds of meters down through coloumns and pillars meant to support the mega-city, aptly called, "Havens". "What Fuyu?", I say in a calm and collected voice. Fuyu says, " We have another 200 meters left to the bottom and I've done a pheremone scan and There is a Plague in close proximity." "Roger.".

The wind whistles wildly as I can see The ground approaching. BOOM! The impact thunders like a lightning storm as the concrete breaks apart all around me. The motorcycle pops a wheelie as I skid away towards the Frozen Tower. The Plague is waiting for me.

My speedometer reads a steady 666.67 MPH. I can feel the sound of my gloves as my hands tighten around the throttle. The synthesized wails groan in my head as the world passes by as a blur around me. The sadness is enough to make people fall to their knees. And still all I can hear in my head is," The Curtain goes down, On Him Again." I am prepared. And I am ready...

LET THE PURGE BEGIN

TO BE CONTINUED...

© 2011 ClockWork GRIMM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a nice continuation! I like how the speedometer on your motorcycle reads "666.67 MPH". Very clever = ] Your descriptions are wonderful and really draw me in!

-Brittany

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011

Author

ClockWork GRIMM
ClockWork GRIMM

alto pass, IL



About
I'm a writer by the name of GRIMM and have been a screenwriter, Author, as well as Painter and etc... I use a pseudonym because I have had troubles with people whom were offended by my stories and wor.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5