The Childish Games we Play

The Childish Games we Play

A Story by ClockWork GRIMM
"

A game defined in immaturity

"

The Game Begins

As I sit in this poorly lighted room, filled with dusty air and the smell of ages, I can't help but to realize the risks of the world. No light peeks into this room. A lone lamp hangs from the ceiling, giving a spotlight of brightness. Everything lies still. And the dust in the air makes me silently choke. I swallow hard and take one last deep breath.

The Chamber Spins

I sit at a table as he sits across from me. Who he is doesn't even matter anymore. But this wheel of fate we are spinning could change our lives forever... The tension is more than palpable... It's f*****g visible... But that man just sits across from me; Calm, not making a sound. Then he begins to make a slightly visible grin on his face. I wipe my face off with my forearm- The sweat still stinging in my eyes. While we look into eachothers eyes, I try to hide the fact that I'm terrified.

I nod my head to the man to get his attention," I'm sorry about all the sweat... It's Hot as hell in here." His grin just gets wider as he lights his cigarette and mutters," Yeah. I guess so. But it's too late to stop now." Somewhere in him I think his animal instincts sense my fear. "No- We can't stop.", I say softly as I stare into my palm.

Because he's still here, I know he's never lost this game before. His fear and feeling seem gone. Suddenly he looks up to me and while exhaling smoke says," It has to be this way."

"Yeah I know. One of us has to lose.", I reply with a slight giggle in my voice. "Can I have one of those?" I motion towards his cigarettes. He slowly bends down while still in his chair and pulls out his pack and lighter from his boot. They slide across the table to me. As I light one he asks," So what is it that keeps you going?"

I hold his lighter in my hand and stare at the smiley face with blood drops on it. "Dreams...", I state in a distracted state. I quickly slide the lighter back to him and take one last drag off the cigarette. "Are you ready?", He asks in a sincere tone. I nod my head and go to put out the cigarette.

For a moment we just face eachother until the sound of something spinning and making a clicking noise rings through the silent room... One last click sounds and I look him straight in the eye.

"Dreams..."

BANG

The gun drops from my hand as I fall...

One of us had to lose....

THE END

© 2011 ClockWork GRIMM


Author's Note

ClockWork GRIMM
An experiment... I hope ya like it... I thought it was pretty damn original...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was very originalll, it was great, i really liked it

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was original. It kept me reading from beginning to end and then had me looking for more lol. It was a great story with excellent contrast between the characters. Amazing work Grimm, keep it up.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its great kept me reading on, I like the dark contrast between both of the characters. The menace at the other end of the table is excellent. I dont think your an acquired taste, of course I am out there. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes...it is pretty damn original = ] I love the dark voice behind your writing. The dialogue is sharp and unforgiving, and your tone is straightforward...fantastic work, GRIMM! Keep me posted about our collaboration = ]

-Brittany

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011

Author

ClockWork GRIMM
ClockWork GRIMM

alto pass, IL



About
I'm a writer by the name of GRIMM and have been a screenwriter, Author, as well as Painter and etc... I use a pseudonym because I have had troubles with people whom were offended by my stories and wor.. more..

Writing