The Tainted Clock: Hearts with bandaids and Reflections that never cease

The Tainted Clock: Hearts with bandaids and Reflections that never cease

A Story by ClockWork GRIMM
"

The clockwork of an age that unites all within the clan

"

Based on the short story "The Clock" by writer Kari Fay

 Let me first thank Kari Fay for allowing me to use her short story as a starting point. And don't worry Grimm fans, I will put my original Grimm Slant on it. Please give me feedback... m/ -_-m/

THE TAINTED CLOCK:

Hearts with bandaids and Reflections that never Cease

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a reflection, truly? Just a mirror image of a world or is it you without the ability to feel?

The Dampening forest patters with raindrops dropping from heaven with the intention of only putting a light glaze of moisture onto everything. Almost as if to remind everything who is truly in charge. The damp fall leaves on the ground surround the bare gray tree trunks and the silence remains undisturbed.

The house that lies in this eternally shaded meadow hides beneath the trees. Hand cut logs and straw seem to be the only materials put into it. The crudely cut logs show the amount of care put into this building. This was meant to be somebody's home. A place where happiness can be shared.... But now it stands as a Revenant Idol to a judgment long past and memories that have been forgotten in the haze of time.

My ancestors made this Haven.  A hideaway for descendants of all times.

I walk through the leaves and they leave a refreshing feel of water on my toes and ankles. The light dew from the rain sparkles in rainbows from the slivers of light that manage to peak through the green forest leaves. This place... It's like I've been here a million times before even though this is the first time. When the door opens it makes a rectangle of light illuminate part of the room where it's Darker than Black.

This place is bare. One lonely window looks out to the never ending forest like a gaze lost in time... I take the candles off of the desk and try to get the one room cabin visible inside. As I walk around I see the shadows of where picture frames used to be. Nothing remains on the walls. Like somebody took them down because they wanted to forget about those memories.

My family originated in  Salem. Our clan had to hide from the people of the time because we were hunted down as witches. We inherit the power through the women in our clan. Entire Generations of women in our family- Slaughtered and put into mass graves... Only one thing remains of them... The one thing still on the wall...The Clockwork Grimm... It was a clock invented by the oldest and most powerful of our ancestors... It is a pendulum clock. Deep redish wood container with platinum hands and pendulum. Looks like it hasn't aged a day. It's purpose is to keep slowly counting down until the age of our clan is over.

They knew that the Season of the witch would end and so they made the Clockwork Grimm to let us know when. It contains the memories from all that came before. And when you look into the Glass reflection, you can see them. Standing all around you...

With a candle in my hand, I carefully walk over to the ClockWork Grimm. I am scared of what I might see. But as I stand before it, I try to build up the courage to lift the candle to make a reflection in the glass. I see the Clockwork Grimm reads at 2:59 A.M.. Less than one minute until it reads 3 in the morning. Odd because it is actually 11:23 A.M..

Quickly I raise my candle and open my eyes when it is at the write height.

Dozens of shadows. Women dressed like pilgrims. But one shadow of a young girl stands next to me in the reflection. After a long silence from shock, the young shadow woman mutters," You f*****g disappoint me. Maybe you're better off this way..."

The exact second she finishes, the Clockwork Grimm Strikes 3:00 A.M. and chimes a bell alarm once. The shadows in the glass walk out through the door and leave me.

The Clockwork Grimm Ticks no more. All the shadows walk away without a word. And after All the shadows are gone I once again hear in my head.

"You f*****g disappoint me. Maybe your better Off this way..."

© 2011 ClockWork GRIMM


Author's Note

ClockWork GRIMM
Note that this is completely original... The initial idea from kari faye was COMPLETELY different...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So very eerie and deep O_O And, do I detect a few lyrics from "Passive" by A Perfect Circle?: "You f*****g disappoint me. Maybe you're better off this way..." I love them! Are you a fan also? ^_^ Very hypnotizing piece, GRIMM...I love it! = ]

-Femme_Gothique (Brittany)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011

Author

ClockWork GRIMM
ClockWork GRIMM

alto pass, IL



About
I'm a writer by the name of GRIMM and have been a screenwriter, Author, as well as Painter and etc... I use a pseudonym because I have had troubles with people whom were offended by my stories and wor.. more..

Writing