The Phantom

The Phantom

A Story by Comlette

         Blood rushed through his veins as if running from the very fear that engulfed him. Pursued by a viscous evil, he dodged the dark trees. There was nothing but the tall  figures that surrounded him. The growls became louder as he sprinted for his life. It seemed as if he had been running for hours in the blank nothingnes, But far in the distance he saw an opening in the trees. A flicker of hope sparked within him as he darted toward the clearing. "That light is my only chance" he replayed through his mind. Death was nipping at his heels, and he prayed he could make it to the opening. It was so close, he had to make it. He was only feet from the clearing when he lost control. He caught his foot on a protruding root and was twisted through the air. His leg shattered on a tree as he plunged into the light.      
         Thrust into the moons gaze, he became vulnerable to its light. The moonlight shone across his slick black hair, and little streams of sweat flowed into his eyes. The name tag on his blue mechanics suit was halfway ripped off. In bright red letters it read 'Jack'. The man screamed as he pulled himself up to examine his leg. His shin bone had pierced through his pale white skin leaving a hole in his over-alls. Lines of blood gleamed in the moonlight as they ran down the greasy pant leg. All the while, Agonizing pain ripped through his body as he clutched the grass, ripping the blades to ease his suffering.
 All hope was lost, but he had to get away from the forest; he knew they were watching from their ominous veil of darkness.  His pain was conquered by the fear the raged in him as he dug his hands into the dirt, pulling himself further from the treeline.
          It was useless, his leg became numb from the pain, still blood flowed from him like a fountain. Their eyes shone through the shadows like small flames and fear took over his entire being. He rolled onto his back and stared into the forrest. "JUST KILL ME!" He cried, And one by one they crept into the light. Their fur was rough and dirty and their fangs were like snow glistening in the moonlight. The mere sight of them sent Jack into a state that he had never experience before, it could only be explained as pure instinct.
         The beasts surrounded him in all directions, foaming at the mouth as they crept ever closer. Fear paralyzed him as they approached. The hound loomed over him bearing its fangs, eager to rip into his flesh. When Suddenly a terrible wind shook the trees around them. Huge gusts rolled Jack across the ground as he screamed for help. Leaves cut his face as he struggled to sit up. He braced himself and squinted at the forest. A white smoke dashed among the trees and the mongrels withdrew, tails between their legs and heads hung low. They sat as if obedient to the wind.
        The gusts became so fierce the man had to shield his eyes. Then Almost instantly, it ceased. Utter silence fell upon them. And like a still fog of a low valley, a man in a grey suit lingered on the edge of the forest. A white smoke drifted into the air behind this towering figure. He was famished, so thin he looked as if he had starved for a thousand lifetimes. The opaque skin that clung to his body seemed an ungodly hue, if not for his suit you might barley see him. The most disturbing thing, however, was his eyes. A golden yellow, they seemed to carry a heavy weight upon them.
        He walked slowly towards Jack and placed his hand on a wolf's head. He scratched behind his ears and enjoyed the happiness on the dog's face.
  He looked at jack and pointed toward an observation deck and weezed "She was standing right over there next to the waterfall, taking pictures." a Sort of half grin took over the man.
    "She looked so beautiful with her golden hair and, cute dimples, She was so..." ...but then she was gone..." He became distant and stepped closer to Jack clasping his hands behind his back.  "I offer you... a chance at redemption"
    "What... what are you talking about!? Just please let me go!" Jack cried.
The pale figure sighed and pierced Jack with the now sharpened eyes. " Return her to me, and i will spare you." He said threateningly
 " Whoever you want, I don't have them! please just... help me. I beg of you. I'll do anything."
 " LIAR! You have her! I saw you take her, YOU STOLE HER FROM ME!" The man became infuriated and the wolves barked. "RETURN HER TO ME!"
      The ferocious beasts growled and snarled. The man in the suit let out a soul piercing shriek and ascended into the air. He threw his arms out and tore the sky. Strange lights flew down from the clouds and gathered around him. The winds were even stronger than before and sent trees to the ground. Then a bright white light illuminated the night sky.
       Jack opened his eyes and saw only jagged teeth before the darkness finally took him.
    

© 2013 Comlette


Author's Note

Comlette
Sorry about any spelling or flow errors I started this around 3 in the morning so i was a little tired haha. please be brutal tell me exactly what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very very cool. This was super attention grabbing. I want to know more! The description is captivating and the cliff hanger was excellent. To be brutal like you ask, you just need add some commas or reword some sentences because some run on a bit. Also watch for capitalization errors, there are lots of them. Very original and interesting overall! I hope you continue this!

-nicole-was-here-

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very very cool. This was super attention grabbing. I want to know more! The description is captivating and the cliff hanger was excellent. To be brutal like you ask, you just need add some commas or reword some sentences because some run on a bit. Also watch for capitalization errors, there are lots of them. Very original and interesting overall! I hope you continue this!

-nicole-was-here-

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

* Promises to come back sometime to give a proper review. I hate to leave you waiting :( *

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

741 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on November 22, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

Comlette
Comlette

Kenosha, WI



About
I don't always write but when I do I love to be very imaginative and creative with my work. I have great ideas but i can never complete them. I often leave stories unfinished and scatterd. I also have.. more..

Writing
Forward Forward

A Poem by Comlette


Dusk Dusk

A Story by Comlette


The Truth The Truth

A Story by Comlette