Drake

Drake

A Story by cody
"

Third Chapter from my first novel "The Legend."

"

Story of Drake

Drake started off as a thief, working for the Black-Fist. The Black-Fist was a ruthless gang back when Ares was the leader. During that period the Black-Fist had a bounty but, when Ares was taken away as a slave the Black-Fist lost all of their bounty and thier rival gang the "Shadow Stalkers" took over the night. This story takes place on Drake's fist mission, when he is eight years old, in the city of Midnight.

"Drake, this is your moment go into the guards tower and take a sword. Don't let anyone see you." Zeelaj whispers. Drake sneaked into the tower, he sees five guards sound asleep. He also sees a chest. He sneaks over to the chest and picklocks it, it opens. He finds a sword, quickly and quietly he grabs the sword and leaves the tower, returning to Zeelaj on a nearby roof.

"Excellent, lets hurry now and get back to the hideout." Zeelaj and Drake raced back to the hideout. The hideout is in an abandon warehouse. A henchman walked up to Drake.

"Brother Drake a letter arrived for you." The letter read:

"Drake the Thief I've been watching you

For some time now and I got to say your skills are improving more and more.

I would like to offer you a place in the

Nightbane."

Your Brother,

Shadow

"The Nightbane wants me to join them." Drake said excitedly.

"The Nightbane is a place for the elite thieves and assassins. If you wish to go you may; just don't forget about us, we are your first brothers." Zeelaj stated.

The next day Drake got ready to leave the Black-Fist. That night he left to the Nightbane. The Nightbane was in an underground labryinth in order to get to the labryinth Drake had to venture in a cave that led to a door. Behind the door there was a dark hallway where another door stood and a sharp, corrupted voice whispers

"What is your name?"

"I am Drake the Thief."

"A thief, who has asked you to be here?"

"Shadow the Gatherer."

"Shadow has asked for you to be here then, you may enter, Thief." The door opens. shadow stood before him. Shadow wasn't a wood elf as Drake but, was a dark elf.

"Welcome Brother Drake I am Shadow. I will train you to become one of the most dangerous assassin ever. I would like to begin testing you on your marksman skill. Take this bow and quiver of arrows. I want you to shoot as many arrows as you can in a minute and, hit that straw target over there." The target was about fifty feet away. Drake equip the bow and arrows and shot fifty arrows in a minute.

"Most impressive Drake, now I'm going to test you over your stealth ability. I want you to sneak into the house next to your old home and assassinate the man inside."

"As you wish Shadow." Drake said.

The house was about five-hundred feet away, it was an old, shaggy house as if a peasant lives there. Drake entered the house which was very dark, but he has eyes were like a cat and heads up a set of stairs. Drake finds an old man sleeping, he pulls out a dagger that Zeelaj gave to him, and cut the old man's throat. Drake watched as his very first victim spewed blood. Drake felt a strange rush of adrenaline, he left the room and entered another room down the hall. Drake finds two kids sleeping and he slit thier throat's as well. Finally Drake went down stairs, where he sees two adults sleeping and he slit thier throats as well. Drake left the house and returned to Shadow in the Nightbane unnoticed.

"From the blood on your clothes and dagger, I say you killed that pathetic, old man, and his family. You have proven that you have the gift to become a dangerous assassin, but you will need to have more kills before you can ever become the most dangerous assassin that ever lived." The next three years, Drake served under Shadow, performing bloody, and disturbing tasks for him, Drake was known through the town street as the "Silent Death", mostly because his victims never made any sounds. One of the bloodiest misson's was after a year and a half serving Shadow. Shadow came up to Drake.

"Drake I have another mission that will be a blood bath for everyone there. Are you willing to accept it?"

"I accept anything Bother Shadow."

"Good. I want you to go to the tavern tonight at ten o'clock and, wait there in the basement until midnight. At midnight the tavern is the most active and, there's been citizens complaining about it. So for your mission I want you to kill them all. You will have to find a way to kill them secretly, try to mislead them to the basement, that should be a nice place for a blood bath. Now go and get prepared." Shadow ordered. Drake went to the tavern around nine o'clock. He entered through the basement doors around back. Drake waited until midnight just as Shadow instructed. Midnight arrives and the tavern was very active just like Shadow said. Drake went up stairs like he was there to have a good time. There were at least forty people there and three bartenders; Drake decides to work from the back with the people that were sitting. Drake goes up to a table of six.

"Hey do you guys want free beers, I hear that there's a crate full of them in the basement." Drake said cheerfully. The group quckly got up and followed Drake to the basement. One of the citizens asked.

"Hey where's the crate?" Drake already slit the other's throat's. The citizen turned around and Drake grabbed his head and twisted, snapping the neck. Drake did the same thing over and over for the next fourteen citizens. After that Drake began going after the citizens dancing and tricked them to come to the basement. He once got six females to go and four males. The females went to the basement first, then the men and last Drake. Drake begin slitting, and snapping the mens neck as they began walking down the stairs. The ladies screamed as they seen fourteen dead bodies, but their screams only lasted for five seconds, because Drake fired six arrows hitting each female in the head. Drake went back up to the last twenty citizens and three bartenders. Drake led another ten to the basement, but instead of slitting their throats, he shot an arrow through all of them and they fell to the floor. Drake returned once more and began shooting arrows at the last citizens and bartenders, killing them all in seven seconds. Drake looked at all the bodies on the floor and began to drag them to the basement. Drake put the bodies in a pile and returned to the Nightbane to bring a pack of ten wovles to the tavern. The wolves ate the bodies while Drake returned back to the Nightbane.

"Good thinking, the guards will think that the party went to the basement and, a pack of vicious wolves killed them. For your reward I will give you this new dagger. It is the very dagger that Ares had when he was here." Shadow handed the dagger to Drake. The dagger was black and very sharp. Another year and a half after the blood bath, Shadow returns to Drake.

"Drake I have one last task for you, I want you to assassinate everyone in the Black-Fist. They've been caught stealing from the Nightbane! Go now and kill them alll and, show them no mercy just like you did to everyone that night at the tavern a year and a half ago." Drake left, back to his old family for a "silent reunion". Drake opened the door and saw his old family sitting around the table.

"Drake...is..is that you?" Zeelaj asked.

"Yes old brother." Drake said in a dark, and sharp whisper.

"What are you doing here?"

"To kill you for stealing from the Nightbane."

"What?! Stealing?! There must be a mistake we've never stolen from the Nightbane. Wait who sent you?"

"Shadow."

"Shadow?! Shadow is not a member of the Nightbane he's a member of the "Shadow Stalkers." He wants every thief and assassins from the Nightbane dead!"

"If he wanted every thief and assassin's dead then, he should've killed me instead of making me the dangerous assassin ever lived."

"He wanted you to finish off the other thieves and assassins first, then he'd kill you."

"If what you are saying is true then I will confront him myself."

"Drake...be quick and quiet once you have killed Shadow come back to me." Drake went back to the Assassins guild, but entered a secret way. He sneaked past everyone and entered Shadow's quarters.

"Time to die traitor." Whspered Drake, he pulled out Ares Dagger and stabbed Shadow in the back several times. Shadow fell to the floor as Drakes last victim. Drake cut Shadows head off. Unnoticed and unseen by all of the other assassins Drake returned to Zeelaj.

"Master Zeelaj, I'm back with a gift." Drake tossed Shadows head in front of Zeelaj.

"Excellent, now we must leave the town to the Sacred Forest, there we will start over and you won't have a bounty on your head." The Black-Fist left the town and arrived at the Sacred Forest. In a course of four years Zeelaj became King and Drake trained fellow brothers, and sisters to become master thieves and assassins.

© 2013 cody


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad. The change of heart at the end doesn't sit all that well with me, but not bad. Is there more to the story?

Posted 10 Years Ago


cody

10 Years Ago

Think you for the review, there is more to the story this is the third chapter of the first novel th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013

Author

cody
cody

Deepwater, MO



Writing
The Legend The Legend

A Book by cody


Grimlock Grimlock

A Chapter by cody


Zokai Zokai

A Chapter by cody