Alarmed Santa

Alarmed Santa

A Story by George Love
"

Santa has a bad delivery

"

Alarmed Santa

 

The rooftop sloped sharply on either side, but Rudolph brought them safely for yet another high risk landing.  The other reindeer snorted impatiently as the jolly old elf slid down another chimney, oblivious to the gathering wind. 

            The wind picked up as the reindeer struggled to keep their footing on the slippery roof.  The Sleigh was unsteady as well, and finally gave in to the winds.  Rudolph anticipated the wind and got the team moving quickly and kept the heavy sleigh from crashing to the ground.  His actions left Santa stranded inside.  No sleigh, no magic.

            Without his magic, Santa was exposed!  Who knew the suit was magic?  He stood in his boxers and tried to hide, but when you are five foot nothing and weigh three hundred, that’s hard!   He remembered the pack.  Gone!  Magic there too! 

            The clock chimed!  Never had this happened!  The family was awake!  The sun was rising!  Like vampires of old, he hid his face from the sun!  Somewhere an alarm clock rang!

            “Santa!  Santa!  Awake!  You’ll be late!  The children my dear, remember to smile!”

            Waking he realized it was a nightmare.  To the sleigh!  Why did Rudoph look so worried?

 

© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOVE IT! But then again, I love your work anyway. Very impressive. Love the twist at the end...or is it a premonition? LOL...very well done...100 daisies for you my friend!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love