Cupid's True Love

Cupid's True Love

A Story by George Love
"

Cupid looks for love, and helps someone find their destiny

"

 

Cupid’s True Love
 
He knew this was a forbidden act as he knocked his arrow so straight and true. Everything a mortal or immortal could wish to find was wrapped up in one sweet package of blue eyes, pouting lips, light brown hair and a very androgynous complexion resulting from her mixed ancestry of Oriental, Hispanic, European, African-American, Polynesian and American Indian.
 
As he drew back his bow, the warnings sounded loudly inside his head. Why should he listen? He found true love for so many in his time as Cupid, why should he not have this chance? Why should he give this angelic mortal to someone else? She was not on his list, and that should be okay.
 
Well, it is always easier to gain forgiveness than obtain permission. Still, his hands grew sweaty as he anticipated the arrow finding its mark, allowing their eyes to meet and their souls to meld into one. Why should this power be used for ungrateful mortals? His indecision swelled deeply within him as he searched for a reason to release the arrow.
 
Working up the nerve to find this girl took all his strength in the first place, and now Cupid, the God of Match-making was getting cold feet. How could this happen to him of all the creatures in this universe? 
 
Still, he had her in his sights as she walked so gracefully through the park. She had a good heart and one full of love. He held his breath and steadied his bow. With the bow fully drawn, he sighted down the shaft and held fast to her heart. As he fought the urge to shoot, the internal battle raged more fiercely. He deserved true love, and this girl had to be his.
 
As he watched her move through the park, Cupid’s heart sank as he saw his next mark walk up to the girl and take her by the hand. Was this truly his mark? He double-checked his list and to his utter dismay, it was. He had no other choice as his first duty fell to his marks, and it was Valentine’s Day after all.
 
He reloaded his bow with the arrow destined for his mark, took careful aim and let his arrow fly. True to his legend, the arrow flew straight into the chest of his mark. The small heart shaped twinkle in her eye as she looked at the boy let Cupid know his job was complete. Looking back over his shoulder as he flew off to his next mark, Cupid let his mind wander a bit and saw himself with the wonderful girl he left behind. Even Cupid has his fantasies.

© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

ahhh! So cute! Cool story.
Thank you for sharing.
Love All, Mejasha

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love