First Love

First Love

A Story by George Love
"

A teen's description of his first love

"

 

First Love
 
They say the first love is the hardest to get over. I am not completely sure that is true for everyone, but I know it was for me. I still recall the first time we met, or rather I saw her. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, she was also very flirty, and to a young teenage boy, that was a brutal combination.
            She had black hair, brown eyes and we she sat behind me in class, and had done so since first grade.   She was perfect, or as perfect as a young teenage girl could be. 
            I felt self-conscious as I tried to make excuses to talk to her. Maybe I was obsessed; maybe I was trying too hard to meet her. It was a small town, and people talk! I had to watch my step, and be careful of whom I told about this crush. She lived very close to my best friend, only a couple of houses away actually.
            When we were outside, playing the games boys played at the time, sometimes she would come out and watch us, talk with some of the other girls who hung around with us and that made things even worse for me. I had to act like I had a Heart of Stone when she was around. I could not let anyone know I liked her. It was TORTURE seeing her, and not having the guts to talk to her.
            One day, we were playing a game of touch football, and she showed up. We joked a bit among ourselves that the girls were welcome to play, and she did. She took a position the other team, and she was a ball carrier. To make matters worse, now she upped the game to tackle.
            “I can take it, so let’s play,” she challenged us. This caused no small stir on my part, and with the rest of the boys. We did not play tackle for good reasons. We liked our bones in one piece!
            To compromise, we decided that a boy could tackle a boy all the way to the ground, but if one of the girls playing had the ball, once we had them in our grasp, the play was dead. We all agreed this would work, and no one would get hurt.
            My team had the ball and the first play did not go very well. One of my friends tackled me before I could throw the ball.   Bad play. We ended up giving the other team the ball within a couple of plays.
            The first play, my best friend had the ball and two of us tackled him pretty hard. The next play, they did the unthinkable. They gave the ball to her, of all people, her!!
            And, yes it gets worse, she ran right at me. My friends already teased me about taking it easy on the girls when they played, and I did, but this was different. This was the girl of my dreams, the prettiest girl in school, our town or maybe the whole world as far as I was concerned.
            I did my best to tackle her, but she kept trying to run after I got my arms around her waist. Man, I never knew a girl’s waist could feel like this! She was so soft in my arms, but she did not stop trying to run with the ball. Somehow, we ended up on the ground, and I think it was because the girl on our team joined in the tackle.
            There I was face to face, mere millimeters from her lips, side by side with what would have been a very warm embrace were it not for the football she still held, but now it was somewhere below my groin and was the source of a bit of male discomfort. I could not let pain show in my face now.
            She smelled so good; her skin was so soft I felt like I was in a dream world, except for the dull agony of being racked by the football she still held fast. 
            The two players on top of us got up, giving us release from the weight of their bodies. She looked at me as I started to get up, and did something I do not think I will ever forget. She let go of the football and hugged me back.            
            Everyone was taunting me now, telling us to get a room, go behind the bushes or other stuff and I know my face turned red. I got up first, and lent her a hand, which she softly took. I helped brush off some of the grass I got on her black sweater and she gave me a very sly little smile as she walked back to her team, to get ready for the next play. 
            Nothing else that happened that afternoon mattered to me. My sandlot football team was beaten soundly, but I never gave a care. Even though we never dated, never kissed, never did anything past that one embrace, she broke my heart by dating the true captain of the high school football team. 

© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lets face it, this was definitely and 'awwww' inspiring story. I must say, the title was quite cliched but I had an impulse when I clicked on the story:
"This is going to be good"

And what do you know, I was right =] You could fall in love with the protagonist, from the way you narrated his view of things. Girls always want a sensitive kind of guy that would say things like 'her skin was so soft', and equally guys would always fall for a girl as stated.

But this, this was just something else. The ending did really break your heart. And still you could feel the character thinking 'Why did she do that when she did this?"
Haha, I agree when men say they find us complex. Well, men aren't so easy to figure out either.
I say that is god's way of balancing out things. =]

This really made me feel better. Thank you so much. I love this piece.

---Niki

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree when WriteMe said "this is definitely an awwww inspiring story." I think everyone has gone through something similar to an extent...I know I have. It sucked so much! haha
Great story :] I'm glad you submitted it into my contest :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lets face it, this was definitely and 'awwww' inspiring story. I must say, the title was quite cliched but I had an impulse when I clicked on the story:
"This is going to be good"

And what do you know, I was right =] You could fall in love with the protagonist, from the way you narrated his view of things. Girls always want a sensitive kind of guy that would say things like 'her skin was so soft', and equally guys would always fall for a girl as stated.

But this, this was just something else. The ending did really break your heart. And still you could feel the character thinking 'Why did she do that when she did this?"
Haha, I agree when men say they find us complex. Well, men aren't so easy to figure out either.
I say that is god's way of balancing out things. =]

This really made me feel better. Thank you so much. I love this piece.

---Niki

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

omg, that was the sweetest and saddest story
very very well written, one of the best i've read on this site
i really, really like it

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this. It was very sweet and very reminiscent of being young. It is interesting to see this from the other side. Your characters are very real.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

530 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 13, 2008

Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love