Werewolves vs. Slayers

Werewolves vs. Slayers

A Chapter by George Love
"

Mallory's father tells Mallory how her grandparents died.

"

 

Werewolves vs. Slayers
 
 
 
“You sure you want to hear this? Her father asked. “It is not like the movies they show on TV. This is real, much as you might not want to believe it.”
            “Daddy, I want to know. I never met Grandma and Grandpa. If this is the real reason, I want to know the truth.”
            “Your age belies your wisdom, Mallory. To keep it simple, werewolves took your grandparents. A pack of them, dressed themselves like gangsters from the fifties. Leather jackets, slicked back hair. We called them ‘Greasers’.”
            “Like ‘Happy Days?’”
            “Sort of, but these were old werewolves, the ones who lived in the traditions of old. They took when and what they needed. I tracked one member of the pack and eliminated her. She was about to drop a litter. Werewolves give birth in their demon form, and that’s something you need to remember Mallory. She was slow, but she killed a child to gain strength. She broke the pact we had with them, and she had to go.”
            “They took my grandparents because you did your job?” Mallory asked.
            “I did my job because a member of the pack killed a child. She didn’t convert the child; she killed that little boy to make herself stronger. I did what I had to do, and the litter with her died. That made the whole pack turn against me, but they took it out on my parents. They waited until I was away at school. Dad was growing old and was not active any longer. Mom was very ill. They never had a chance against the five of them. In his younger day, my father took out ten werewolves at once. It looked like a break in. I came home the night it happened and my girlfriend was with me. She was coming home with me to meet the parents.”
            “She never met them either?”
            “No, and we couldn’t stay in the house. It was a wreck. I finally got to look around the house the next day and I found the clues they wanted me to find, but they left something behind they didn’t mean to leave. They left a trail of hair. Staying in human form too long is hard on a werewolf, and they shed a lot of hair when they changed to werewolf. They were easy for me to track.”
            “The police didn’t think about murder did they?” Mallory asked.
            “No, and it’s just as well. I tracked them a short distance into the woods but I tried to get my girlfriend to stay at the motel while I went in to get them. She knew I was a Slayer, and she wanted to see this hunt end. She should have listened to me.”


© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is awesome, I like this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's good so farr.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A fascinating addition. Very nicely done and the short chapters leave me wanting more so I can't stop reading. Nice job!!!

Heather

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i think it was good

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I guess it was a good try,but I think you can do better

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..