Revenge?

Revenge?

A Chapter by George Love
"

Marco's plan seems to work brilliantly, but he has no idea the two daughters have found him out and foiled his plans.

"

 

 
Revenge?
 
 
 
Amanda watched the incident from her helicopter and was shocked as the events unfolded. When the bars came apart, Laura told her to hold position and not to approach until she was cleared to do so. Laura waited to get the signal from Stacy that Kimberly had gotten the fake blood on her face and gave the word to Amanda to move in. She also told her to check for medic alert tags. Kimberly had one on her neck. 
Amanda exited her helicopter and approached the “injured” gymnast as Marco was trying to talk his way out of the responsibility for the accident on live TV. As she started to examine the patient, she found a “medic alert tag” informing her this was a drill and the patient was to be treated like she was actually injured and to also treat any small cuts or abrasions that she could find.
He looked at the injured gymnast and saw Amanda tending to her. Laura was soon beside her and they did a professional job of packaging Kimberly for the short trip to the ground. Amanda’s eyes cut right through him as she realized what he had done.   
Marco was still trying to find a way to escape, but where might you go when you are on top of a building several hundred feet above the ground?
“Air my tape!” He got no response from the news crew at the station. “Gloria, air my tape!”
“Not on your life, Marco” the station manager replied. “Get off my air.” He cut the feed from Marco’s mike so he would no longer be a verbal threat to anyone in the station.
Helen was doing a great job at the scene, expressing the emotions a mother would normally express when her child was injured. She had seen the fake blood on her child and reacted to the sight. Kevin had to physically restrain her to allow Amanda and Laura to continue their “treatment” of Kimberly. Cecil B. Demille could not have directed her to act more natural. 
Security guards were trying to secure Marco, but he pushed himself away from them and tried to escape.
Sirens announced the arrival of the first police units to this scene. The 911 caller reported an unknown disturbance, and because this was in the middle of downtown Houston, multiple units had been sent to the tower.
The first officers were just accessing the rooftop, but what happened next was sketchy. Kevin could see something flash from under Marco’s shirt. The bright metal looked like a child’s toy at first, but once Marco pulled it from under his shirt, it was clearly a small caliber handgun. 
Kevin heard a familiar voice yell “Gun partner!” as Marco drew the weapon. Kevin immediately fell on top of Stacy to protect her. The rest of the crews on the rooftop were scrambling for cover as well. Once again, where night you hide when you are on a rooftop several hundred feet above the ground?
Kevin saw a figure run quickly cross the rooftop and close the gap between him and Marco. His well timed dive caught Marco very much by surprise as the gun discharged. The gun was pointed in Helen’s direction as the muzzle flashed. Even with all the press and cameras, Marco was determined to have the final say. 
The person Kevin had seen running had crashed into Marco at full force. The gun flew from Marco’s hand and clattered to the rooftop inches from Kevin’s reach. Kevin quickly kicked the weapon farther from Marco’s reach so he could not get his hands on it again.
As the figure and Marco wrestled on the rooftop, police officers were on the rooftop and talking up strategic positions. The lone hero was clearly stronger and was getting the best of the fight. He stood Marco up and was ready to smash his face with a strong right hook when Kevin recognized who this hero was.
“Greg! He’s had it Greg. Let the police handle it from here.”
“Let me finish him for you. I owe you this much partner!”
“Greg no!” it was Stacy who pleaded with him “It’s okay. Just let the police take him.”
It was seconds that seemed like an eternity as Greg searched his mind for what to do next. Police were everywhere, guns drawn and ready to take down the next person who was stupid enough to make a false move. 
“Take this piece of trash off my hands” he finally relented. He dropped Marco to the ground like so much garbage. Marco fell to his knees, beaten at his own game, beaten by his own arrogance and pride.
Greg had come out of hiding to help another person, but had he been too late? 
“Mom!” Stacy yelled.




© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was like an exciting episode from a medic/detective/cops and robbers show. LOL I guess stuff like this happens in real life and this has a 'real' feel to it. I was glued to it, the characters and dialog all excellent and leaving me ready for more. Thanks Pete, i enjoyed this chapter. :+)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree - very action packed and moved along quickly. This was a twist! Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Really enjoyable piece of story telling and I agree with what An Ordinary Woman says below about the show element. Have you considered scripting this? Would be an interesting exercise just to see how feasible the story could be to watch on TV.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was like an exciting episode from a medic/detective/cops and robbers show. LOL I guess stuff like this happens in real life and this has a 'real' feel to it. I was glued to it, the characters and dialog all excellent and leaving me ready for more. Thanks Pete, i enjoyed this chapter. :+)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 10, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love