Stevenov the pineapple vampire

Stevenov the pineapple vampire

A Story by Harimaru Fumasake
"

Okay, I will definitely elaborate on this story a LOT more. I just wanted to get something out there that basically described the kind of creatures i was going to use in my story. So there. Expect more adventures of Stevenov and Kiriko in the future

"

      Stevenov stood on the top of a 10-story building, looking over the crowded, smelly city. He adjusted his feathered, floppy hat and swept his heavy cloak to the side as he leaped gracefully from the top, landing like a ballet dancer on the pavement below. He gave a quick sweep of the street to make sure no one saw him, then proceeded to stroll down the street, heading to his large, expensive Victorian manor. Stevenov wasn't from this time, or from this species. He was a pineapple vampire, a species that was well-known and well-feared by the regular race of the world; the piñas. Piñas are a race of people that are playful by nature, and are naive creatures. They play all day, and celebrate life at night, never giving a second thought to the dangers and travesties of the world. Stevenov, and his kind, hunted these people. It wasn't hard, for most piñas tried to deny the fact that they were being hunted and eaten. If someone went missing, they blew it off on the fact that the person who went missing just went out for a stroll, and decided to move to a different part of the forest. They would never admit that one fo their own had been taken and killed. Stevenov smiled and wiped his mouth as he walked, for he had just finished a meal. The piña he had caught had been a young female, the most delicious of them all. He hummed to himself as he walked through his front gate, the sun shining off of his bronzy orange skin. His beautiful mauve hair flew behind him like a soft cloud as he strolled up to his door and walked in. He was greeted by Kiriko, a pineapple vampire/piña half-breed. She smiled up at him as he walked through the door, removing his hat and cloak.

"How was your day today?" she asked politely as she set out a tea cup and saucer on the ridiculously huge dining table they owned.

"Same as usual. Nothing ever changes around here," said Stevenov as he sat down asd sighed. Kiriko poured him a cup of tea, and he picked it up graciously, but never took a sip. Sometimes that girl took her role-playing too far. A while ago, Stevenov had saved Kiriko from a pack of hungry pineapple vampires. He mistook her for a pineapple vampire at first because of her curly hair, which is a trade-mark style that is always associated with pineapple vampires. It looked purple in the dark, so he figured he had better save his own kind. All Pineapple vampires are born or created with purple hair, but there are many different shades and variations of it. When he finally fought off the mob of snarling vampires, he saw her for what she truly was, a half-breed, and decided she wouldn't be safe out on the streets, or in the Forest of Piñas. He took her to his house and commanded her to be his maid. She obliged happily, grateful to have someone to look after her. After she had served Stevenov his tea, she sat down next to him, and handed him the daily paper.

"There were two more suspicious murders last night, Stevenov," she said. He frowned and flipped through the paper until he came to the story Kiriko was talking about. Two Pineapple vampires had been decapitated and burned, which is the only way to kill them. They were found in relatively same locations, and the ashes were still warm when they were discovered. Stevenov rubbed his eyes in frustration. Every night he went out and took vigil over his city, but it seemed like his efforts were in vain. These two would make 30 vampires that had been killed in this month alone. Only a pineapple vampire would be capable of doing something like this, because they way to kill their kind was guarded scrupulously. Only a few pineapple vampires actually knew how to kill one another. That bit of information should have aided Stevenov in his hunt for this killer, but it did everything but that.

"What kind of sick vampire would do this to his own kind?" said Stevenov as he drummed his fingers on the polished wood of the table. Kiriko hung her head and stared at the table top for a minute, then lifted it back up as a thought came to her.

"What if....it wasn't a pineapple vampire? What if it was one of the...Unspeakables?" Kiriko asked. Stevenov gave her a shocked stare, which sent her into a deep blush.

"How do you know about them?" asked Stevenov. Kiriko shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

"I was looking through your library today, and I happened to stumble upon a book that was about them," she said in a small voice. Stevenov gave her a disapproving glare, but didn't say anything otherwise. It was hard for him to be genuinly mad at her. She was just so innocent looking.

"What makes you think it was one of...them?" he asked. Unspeakables were creatures that were rarely heard of, and even more rarely found. They were pineapple vampires that had fed on the blood of their fellow species to grow stronger. Only a few crazy vampires would ever try such a thing, because pineapple vampire blood was a potent liquid. One sip would mortally wound most vampires, but some could muscle through it, until it became just as normal as feeding off of a piña. Stevenov stared into Kiriko's soft golden eyes as he waited for her answer.

"Well, why else would someone randomly kill their own kind? Maybe there is an Unspeakable in this city, and they're killing vampires to feed from them," she said. Stevenov nodded, and sighed.

"It could very well be what's happening here. Back when I was born, pineapple vampires would never do such a thing to each other. Respect was still a common word back then," he said. Stevenov was created back in the 16th century. You could say he was the king of all pineapple vampires; the equivilent of Dracula. Every vampire was spawned somehow from his line of blood, which explains why all pineapple vampires have purple hair, orange skin, yellow eyes, and tall statures. He had six children with a human girl, back when humans were still around, and they in turn had children, thus spawning the pineapple vampire line. Pineapple vampires can mate and create more of their kind without having to bite and transform a piña. It's a lot more personal to have your own children than to force someone into being something they weren't born as. Kiriko shook her head at him when he spouted his bit about respect.

"Respect still exists, but we just don't go around bowing and tipping our hats to every person we pass. Get with the times, old man," Kiriko joked as she playfully slapped Stevenov's shoulder. He half-smiled at her, then went back to looking at his paper. His playful look transformed into a somber one as he thought about the deaths that had occured this last month.

"How are we going to stop him, Kiriko?" he asked. Kiriko gave him a long look, then shook her head.

"I don't know, Steve. That's your department. I just carry the weapons and serve the tea," she said as she cleared the unused dishes from the table. Stevenov leaned back in his chair as he listened to his little half-breed clean up the kitchen. She was right. He usually did all the crime-fighting, while she stood back and watched. That's the way it should be, or at least that's what he thought in his own mind. He didn't really think Kiriko was the fighting type. He was really doing her a favor by keeping her out of the fighting line. When Kiriko was finished picking up her useless mess, she wiped her hands on her apron, then walked back into the dining hall, adjusting her maid outift. Stevenov watched her walk back to him, admiring her uniform.

"You know, you can take that off now. You're duties are done for the day," he said. Kiriko blushed.

"I-I kind of like it. It's comfortable to move around in. Plus, I think I look really nice in it," she said as she smiled and hid her face. Stevenov shook his head at her, then stood up, walking until he was inches from her. She stared up at him, for she was a whole two feet shorter than he was. He patted her head, and hugged her close, which was a rare thing for him to do. Kiriko's face took on a look of shock, but she quickly hugged Stevenov back.

"If I didn't have you to do things for me, I do not know where I would be," he said. She nodded.

" I know Steve. Now go upstairs and get some rest. You'll need it for later tonight when you catch the rascal that's hunting your kind," Kiriko said. Stevenov gave her a sad smile.

"You know I don't sleep."

"Well, just lie down. That's an order," said Kiriko in a mock stern voice. Stevenov backed up.

"Yes ma'am!" he said as he marched off toward the stairs. Kirkio watched him walk, and quickly looked away when she saw him turn around.

"I hope you are right," he said.

"Right about what?"

"About catching the killer. I hope I find him tonight." And with that, Steve went up the stairs and into his room, Kiriko watching after him.

© 2009 Harimaru Fumasake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ahhhee!
again a few typeos not many u said "fo: insted of "of".
Its good!
where did you come up with pinaple vampires?
i enjoyed reading this!
write more when you can!
i like steve! hes sweet and mysterius!
ohhhhhh
does he like kirkio? i think he does.
its an intresting story and i like the begining sensory imagry
you should put more detail in to ur story so its not all dialogue.
it would make it better if u did that.
i am enchanted with your story!
i am putting it in my favorits!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jay
I'll never look at pineapples the same way. LOL. Well written

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was pretty clever! Pineapple vampires. Lol. Good work. : ]

-Nicole

Posted 15 Years Ago


ahhhee!
again a few typeos not many u said "fo: insted of "of".
Its good!
where did you come up with pinaple vampires?
i enjoyed reading this!
write more when you can!
i like steve! hes sweet and mysterius!
ohhhhhh
does he like kirkio? i think he does.
its an intresting story and i like the begining sensory imagry
you should put more detail in to ur story so its not all dialogue.
it would make it better if u did that.
i am enchanted with your story!
i am putting it in my favorits!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2009

Author

Harimaru Fumasake
Harimaru Fumasake

Baxter, MN



About
well, i am a simple writer, who enjoys fantasy and random things, like manga and anime. i tend to get really depressed in my writing, or really cracked, so whatever comes from my fingers is bound to b.. more..

Writing