Bad feelings

Bad feelings

A Story by Jéssica Fernandes

Almost in painful suspense, i could hear you - sigh after sigh after sigh, and i was anxious again. The mug of dark-coffee in front of you sheltered the heat that was sapping the temper away & i tried to reach you, intertwine your fingers with mine and ask you, oh so gently, maybe almost whispering, to never go there again. “I have a bad feeling about this", i said instead. But you never replied. You just sighed and i found it painfully comfortable, because i wasn't expecting anything else. Meanwhile, it seemed as if everyone in the cafeteria dissolved along with the steam and left us alone with each other. I felt tempted to share a nice, cozy quote with you for us to ramble restlessly about, or maybe to just keep quiet while listening to your breaths, wondering about their flavour against the tip of my lips. I’ve always seen this scene in my dreams, where i'm a summer flower that's blooming in your hand. But in real life, i'm not a flower and it's neither summer. So i kept anxious and caged in your sighing trap. I had a bad feeling about that but we stayed in there forever.

© 2013 Jéssica Fernandes


Author's Note

Jéssica Fernandes
i'm not fluent in english

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I thought this was very well expressed. You have captured a moment between two people, and a sad and serene ambiance. The cafeteria, the noise... And the connection/ and loss of connection. Well done. Your effort to express yourself in English is not in vain..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jéssica Fernandes

11 Years Ago

thank you very much, really. it's always nice to know that!



Reviews

There seems to be such a beautiful, haunting pain in your reflections that are so powerfully voiced, so intimate and profound. It is almost as if you've invited us all to view the delicate suffering of your souls. So well written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Good job! This is full of emotion and is really well-written. Overall a good read! It may be easier to read if you split it up into paragraphs? Other than that, the vocabulary is excellent and you paint a really vivid image into the reader's mind. Well donee:) Especially if you aren't fluent in English, you wouldn't be able to tell if you hadn't mentioned it yourself in all honesty, because it was very well constructed and there were few errors that were noticeable when skimming through the story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I thought this was very well expressed. You have captured a moment between two people, and a sad and serene ambiance. The cafeteria, the noise... And the connection/ and loss of connection. Well done. Your effort to express yourself in English is not in vain..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jéssica Fernandes

11 Years Ago

thank you very much, really. it's always nice to know that!
I disagree with your perception of your own fluency... I listened to those words and the phrases and the underlying thoughts. And would again.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chris

11 Years Ago

no one says writing is easy - in ANY language... But your thoughts flowed with care and depth and .. read more
Jéssica Fernandes

11 Years Ago

of course, and I never said it was. and by effort I mean.. to write in english it's just not as natu.. read more
Chris

11 Years Ago

I've known native English speakers that were without your clarity and understandings of the shades o.. read more
not bad. it's simple, yet i see passion in it. i'm seeing the effort. not bad, for a person who says she's not fluent in english. kudos for such a courageous act. press on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jéssica Fernandes

11 Years Ago

thank you for your review :)
Cool ideas. Some interesting paintings with words.
"... I'm a summer flower blooming in your hand." — I thought that was genuine innocent sweetness right there. I liked that.
Keep practicing. Keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jéssica Fernandes

11 Years Ago

thank you for such an admiring review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013
Tags: fiction, story, coffee

Author

Jéssica Fernandes
Jéssica Fernandes

Viana do Castelo, Portugal



About
i like to bear flowers in my hair & i like it when my brother picks them for me. it reminds me of our first summer festival, little wildflowers all over my head as if it had just rained spring. more..

Writing