Instrument of colour

Instrument of colour

A Poem by AlanaLJay

My dear friend

I miss you. I have been thinking about you a lot recently and I am starting to realize how much you have become part of who I am.

My dear friend it’s been far too long since we have spoken, since we have opened up, since we have loved. I miss being able to love you.

I hear your beautiful voice and the shivers infiltrate my soul. I close my eyes and see the waves of emotion fill the air we breathe

And as I try to take in every last sound of light, every last sight of purity I lose myself completely.

My dear friend

The memory of your voice has started haunting my dreams. They become unbearably intense and you my friend are not in control anymore.

Its okay you will regain it eventually but take my hand and ride this wave. Feel what we as peasants feel when encountering this beautiful instrument you possess.

My dear friend

Do you trust me? Take my hand friend. Let’s go on a journey into my past, into your future, into our present.

Do you see the colours that come and play when you open up your soul through your voice?

These colours have started shaping who I am, who we have become.

Look around you and you will realize that every person that encounters your voice has taken one of its many waves of colour and has entwined it deep within their lives.

My dear friend

I think you are finally seeing what you have failed to see in the past. I think dear friend that now you will realize what responsibility this beauty requires.

You seem nervous. Don’t be.

All you have to do is continue opening up the instrument that has so many addicted to its grace.

My dear friend the time has come for you to light up everything around you. You have finally reached the stage where your ability reaches its peak.

You have reached the peak where your voice is the only thing that produces light in the darkness that surrounds us.

So my dear beautiful friend continue singing as your singing is the separation between the real and unreal.

 It is the separation between pain and euphoria. It is the separation between the disgust and purity.

My dear friend your voice remains the separation between life in darkness and radiance in death.

© 2012 AlanaLJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on August 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012

Author

AlanaLJay
AlanaLJay

cape town, South Africa



About
Writing allows me to express the feelings that I cant speak about. I write about thoughts that should be hidden. Each piece of writing is real. Once I start the music lifts me to a place where it i.. more..

Writing
Tides Tides

A Poem by AlanaLJay