The place called Minerva

The place called Minerva

A Poem by AlanaLJay

A place between the beauty of the oak tree and the noise of different voices is where I find myself.

This place holds captive the dreams of those that occupy its halls. It nourishes moulds and breathes precious life into those dreams.

It keeps those beautifully fragile dreams safe.

When you first arrive the sight you see is one of cold walls without real love. Where the love seems like it’s reserved for a select few. It will become frustrating and it can even leave you feeling like its time to go home.

Overcome with despair and memories of the place you come from you unintentionally close yourself and become blinded.

It happened to me.

And then…

You walk in the corridor and see the brightest ray of sunshine light up the dreams that fills this place. In awe you stand and watch as they dance around you. The dreams seem happy, filled with joy.

You see a dream that looks oddly familiar and approach it with caution.

It radiates the brightest smile when it sees you approach. This is your dream.

Confused you ask it why it is so happy. It beams at you and reveals the biggest secret about this beautiful place.

It tells you that this place is an oasis in the current of unrest you find yourself consumed by.

This place is where your dreams soar and where you grow to levels you never knew existed.

This place has a great power like the goddess it is named after.

Your dream takes you to the mirror of truth and the reflection staring back at you removes the despair and finally you see what this beautiful place has given you.

This place is your strength and source of power.

This place plants love for all the dream owners that walk its halls.

This place leaves a smile on your face as you embrace the goddess you have become.

This place becomes home.

© 2012 AlanaLJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on August 30, 2012

Author

AlanaLJay
AlanaLJay

cape town, South Africa



About
Writing allows me to express the feelings that I cant speak about. I write about thoughts that should be hidden. Each piece of writing is real. Once I start the music lifts me to a place where it i.. more..

Writing
Tides Tides

A Poem by AlanaLJay