The met in an unusual way... (Perhaps it is true, and not only for me)

The met in an unusual way... (Perhaps it is true, and not only for me)

A Story by Constance
"

Inspired by a farmer named Dirk. :)

"

They meet in an unusual way, at a time that is hard for her. She doesn’t want to talk to him. Not really. But he’s there, and his voice is so intriguing she can’t help it.

He figures he is wasting his time. Women like her have eaten him alive. But he writes to her anyway, pouring himself into what he writes for her, daring to hope.

"I don’t fit in. I keep trying, but it never works. No one GETS me. One relationship after another ends because my honesty is too much for each to handle. I can’t even make a close friend."

"Everyone keeps me at arms length. Maybe they see my willingness to give affection as my being needy."

With an honesty that they normally are condemned for with others, they form a connection- a strong one, in no time at all. The kind that has them both shaking their heads and wondering "Where have you been all of my life"; and it’s real, not a cliche, to them both.

Night after night, as they talk, little coincidences keep showing up... things in common that are not so common. Their conversations become needful. They have to meet in person. They are drawn together, as though they are two halves of a whole.

The day they meet, it is odd; they aren’t nervous. There is a feeling of calm, of comfort, of belonging, from the moment she lays eyes on him.

Minutes later, he looks into her eyes and becomes lost, touches her lip, and they kiss. It is the perfect kiss. The one he has never had anything like before.

They spend days together. Every moment is spent in laughter, or smiles, or kisses. She has never known such a bond with anyone so quickly. He has become her best friend, but there is that extra something more that she knows they have found.

They are not playing games, so they speak of it. Most wouldn’t share those feelings,not this soon, but THEY do. There is a future here, they can taste it. They vow to hold onto it with all that they have. And then, they both start to doubt. It is going so fast. They wonder if they should hold back. They chide themselves, they admit this feeling to one another.

Then, however, they look at one another. He laughs, she smiles. What is the point in trying to hold back the tide? If they both feel these emotions, why should they stunt them? They should let them grow at their own pace, it seems. It feels too wonderful, too real. They can’t force themselves to hold back now, not just when they realize that they have found something that neither has ever known the likes of, to say the least. They will be there to break the fall for one another, as love unfolds herself in full force.

Others are on the outside, looking in. They see only the laughter and the smiles, the tender kisses and the clasped hands. They do not bother to listen closely, for the whisper of fate that these two have heard, or perhaps they would hear it. Then, perhaps, they would understand.

"You are crazy, both of you", they say, taunting and doubtful. They scorn what they do not understand, as is so often the case with those in this world. They forget the tales of the long-married and happy, tales that often involve the premise that "when you meet the right one, you just know." 

She thought she had known before, but she had never known HIM. She did not know how perfect something could feel, though she of course admitted the impossibility of perfection. This seemed as close as it could possibly come, though, and she knew her heart and mind. It all had to be possible. Because, here it was- right in front of her face, unable to be denied.

He never even dreamed he could know this. He thanked his lucky stars, and then her for simply existing, the other half to complete him, though he’d given up the search for her many years before.

They turned, together, to face those who would deny the possibility of their spontaneous connection- the passion that came not from a rapid lust (no, that kind always grows dim too quickly), but the kind that came from finally, at long last, being understood, accepted, and seen as they were, by one another. They turned to face those people, and their smiles and laughter annoyed them all, shamed them all, turned all doubters to dust.

Together, hand in hand, they faced the future, unafraid. They knew at least a part of what it had in store. Gleefully, they set out to discover the rest, side by side.

© 2008 Constance


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this ,, so romantic .. i think there is someone for everyone and how you find them matters not, that you find them is what's most important .. i enjoyed this .. to feel this kind of love, bond and connection ,, a gift.
well written and told ..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 30, 2008

Author

Constance
Constance

A Small Town in, KS



About
I write about my past, my own real experiences. Even my poetry is inspired by my life. I was, I suppose, born writing, making up stories and rhymes from about when I started to speak, but had to wait .. more..

Writing
Icons Icons

A Poem by Constance