A Call--from Loved by a Wolf

A Call--from Loved by a Wolf

A Chapter by The Invisible Girl

Chapter 6

At my last block, I was thinking of when Shane could have saved me twice. Even though in my mind means once since Matt didn't count. The class went by so fast that I was soon at home getting ready for Shane to pick me up.
" Sophie, what is the hurry? Dinner is almost done." my mom asked as I descended down the stairs to the living room.
"Oh, sorry ,mom. I have to go somewhere with someone." I said as I sat down on the couch to watch the latest Vampire Diaries.
"And who might this someone be?"
"He is a new foreign exchange student."
"He?" she said as her voice raised an octave which means she was upset.
"Yeah. Is something wrong, mom." I muted the T.V and faced her.
"Would you like to tell me what happen at school?" S**t! I was hoping the school wouldn't contacted her. I lied of course.
"No."
"Gosh darn it! Sophie, why did I know that you weren't going to tell me." My mom started to yell.
"What's going on ,Liz?" My dad came in from work since he still had his state farm agent shirt. My dad looked older than he was since he work so hard. Even at the age of 49 he already had grey hair.
" Our daughter was being manipulated by a boy today and this new student beat the boy up and left him with a broken nose and a black eye." My mom crossed her arms and waited for my dad response.
"Well, good for the new kid. He stood up for my little girl." He smiled and kissed my head.
Mom rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips and I laughed.
"I'm not a little girl. I had the situation under control. I was going to beat him up, but Shane beat me too it." I playfully punched my dad's arm.
My dad laughed and put his hand around my mom's waist, " Liz, don't worry about it. Our little..I mean our big girl is a fighter plus she has a new body guard."
"Fine, you win!" Mom threw her hands up in the arm in defeat laughed, "Where is this Shane taking you out?"
"Your body guard asked you out!" My dad said in shock.
"No, its not a date. We are just friends."
Right on cue, the doorbell rings.
"It must be Shane," I said.
​My dad opened the door and let Shane in. As I re freshen my makeup, I heard Dad give Shane the curfew talk and the consequences of if I was late or he hurt me in any way. When I got closer to the living room, they were both laughing at something. Oh great, not the pictures. Of course, my Dad was showing Shane pictures of me when I was six.
I loudly cleared my throat to get there attention.
"Oh. Sorry dear. I didn't see you there. Shane remember our talk." He said as he shook Shane's hand.
"After you," Shane said as he open the door for me. On our driveway, there was a blue Lexus sports car which made my used Chevy Malibu look like trash.
"How you get that?" I asked while staring at it in shock.
"My dad got it for me. At first he was going to give me a red one, but I didn't want to draw any attention to myself. So I had it made in blue."
"How much was it?"
"Just get in. Its all ready getting dark." Shane said laughing.
​ I climbed into to leather, passenger seat. It still had that new car smell.
"You look beautiful, Sophie." Shane said as he pulled out of my driveway.
"Thanks." I blushed.
After an awkward moment, Shane asked, "What do you want to listen to?"
"I don't care. Whatever you listen to."
Shane reached over to the radio and turned it on. It was at the middle of the song, but right a way I knew what it was.
"I love this song." I began to sing it.
"You know Foreigner?"
"Uh, yeah! It's like my favorite 80's classic rock band." I laughed.
"It's my favorite too." Shane said still laughing as he tapped the beat on the steering wheel.
We began to sing to the song together even though we both sucked at sing.
​As the song was over, I noticed that Shane had pulled into an old family restaurant named, The Front Porch.
After we parked, Shane lead me to the tables in the back near the window. We ordered some strawberry shakes and we again went back into an awkward silence.
"So what do you want to tell me Shane?"
"I'm sorry. I'm not ready yet. Let's just talk." Shane said as he looked down to sip his shake.
"Okay that's fine." I smiled. I had no clue what the heck Shane was going to tell me but it was giving me the creeps. Thank God, my mom refilled my pepper spray.
"I'll ask you some questions then you can ask me some too." Shane said more relaxing.
"Hit me with your best question." I laughed.
"Ready? Have you always lived here?
"Yes."
"Favorite color?"
"Red."
"Fear or fears?"
"To be helpless and spiders. One more question than my turn."
"Okay. Last question. What are your ambitions or dreams."
"Truthfully to live in the woods and be a park ranger. When I'm in the wood it feels like I'm truly home where I belong."
Shane was looking at me soaking up every word I said.
"Now my turn," I laughed, "Since you're from Romania. Can you speak that language."
"Of course. Let me think of something to say. Sunteți cea mai frumoasă fată pe care am întâlnit."
"What does that mean?"
"I said You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met."
I blushed and turned to face the window. It was already dark out but the moon hadn't reach over the trees yet. "So, what are your ambitions or dreams?"
"Well, maybe I'll live in a rural town in a cabin. I want to be a cop and save lives." Shane answered.
"Why maybe?"
"Because my father want me to take over...," he paused and continued with," the family business which has been passed down over the generations."
"What kind of business is it?"
He laughed, "You asked me enough questions. Now that you know me better do you trust me?"
"Just tell me your secret. I'll understand." I said as I grabbed his hands.
"It not that easy." He looked away and sighed. "Sophie, please don't panic, but I can't lose you. I almost lost you once and that was the most painful experience ever."
"I'm right here." I said as I picked his head up to see his sorrowful, blue eyes.
"Do you remember when you went hunting? You got attacked by a mountain lion."
"How do you know that?" I said starting to panic.
"Sophie, I'm getting to that. Please." I nodded my head and calm down. Shane still had my hand in a death grip like if I ran he would pull me back down. "When you got attack, a wolf saved you right."
"Yeah, please just tell me. You're scaring me." I replied.
I looked back out the window again and see that the moon had finally reached over the heavy pine tress. It was so beautiful. "Its a full moon." I said out loud.
Shane jerked his head toward the window and looked up. "S**t! Not now." I heard him curse under his breath.
"What's wrong?" I said turning to him. Shane was shaking either from anxiousness or pain, which concerned me. Shane of course tried to fake it and tried to calm down, but his emotions radiated of his body.
"Sophie, I'm a...." Shane was interrupted by my phone.
"I'm so sorry. It's my mom." I blushed knowing that he was going to tell me his big secret.
He smiled and ushered me to answer it.
"Hey mom. What's up?"
"Sophie! Is that you," Mom's voice was panicky and barely audible like she was whispering.
"Mom what's wrong?"
"They are looking for you."
"Who, mom? Where's dad?"
"Stay with Shane..Ahhh!" There was a crash and I heard a shout, a growl, and scream and then the phone went dead.


© 2013 The Invisible Girl


Author's Note

The Invisible Girl
Hope you like it!! Sorry it took forever to type it. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED. GOOD WRITE. GOTTA GO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

10 Years Ago

Lol! ^-^ Thanks for reading! :)
Wow, now I'm curious about what's going on. Even though I already know Shane's secret. XD

Very nice chapter, and I can't wait to read more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Please read on! :)
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

Will do!
Ahh that ending was so suspenseful!!! Things are starting to get intense :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Keep reading to find out what happens next! :)
Uh oh... That didn't sound good...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Read the next chapter to find out what will happen! :) Thanks for reading!
Woah! So can Shane not control his transformation? And who is at her mom's? Exciting!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Yep and he can somewhat use his wolf senses when his very angry..but he only fully transforms on ful.. read more
Vampire Diaries yay!!! Sorry fangirl moment... anyways, oh my glob. *They* sounds soooo ominouse, definitely a thriller jampacked with excitement and right when Shane was going to say he was a werewolf too. READING ON!!! ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Castonovia

11 Years Ago

No problem. Damon of course soooo hawt can't wait for Thursday since Elena found out she had feeling.. read more
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

I know right!!! Can't wait! Plus, I'm team Damon too! ^-^
Castonovia

11 Years Ago

Yay!!! :p
oh my can't wait to read next chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

^-^ Thanks for reading!!
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

u are so welcome
It is my pleasure
HUH!!! What just happened??? Oh next chapter!!!!!! NEEEXXXT CHAPTER!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol... I was kidding... Take your time... I love wolves so I would love the book obviously lol!
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

I know I just to don't like to make my best readers like you to wait so long ^-^
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol... Its okay ^^
OMG wth just happened!!
Shane was clearly transforming but why were the wolves (So I think) looking for her...Will she be safe!? WTH IS GOING TO HAPPEN
Awesome chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

You'll find out soon! :P That part was going to be in this chapter but chapter as it is now is too l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 25, 2013
Tags: Werewolf, full moon, mysterious call


Author

The Invisible Girl
The Invisible Girl

Gumdrop Forest, Candy Land :P



About
I always had a passion for writing. Though I'm not the best writer, I always put my readers first. I hope whenever you read my work that you will enjoy it. So share, rate and review my stuff and i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..