The Hunt--from Loved by a Wolf

The Hunt--from Loved by a Wolf

A Chapter by The Invisible Girl
"

Excuse all grammar mistakes....I still need to edit more thoroughly since I was rushing to finish this chapter before my break ended! Thanks :)

"

           

Chapter 12

            Once we got changed, we headed downstairs to the diner room. The room was about the same size as the council room, but with more decorations. There was a huge table with food and flowers on it. There was beautiful china glasses and plates on the table that look too worthy to be eaten on. The entire decor made me feel under dress in my baggy jeans and camouflage tank. What made it even worse was the huge, diamond chandler above the table.

            At the table were members of the Council, the evil s**t Roxana, and Devon with his side kick. Great this will be exciting.

Tell me about it. Shane's voice echoed in my head.

"Sit. I'm glad Catherine woke you up on time. Now we may eat." Damien clapped his hands and Catherine came running in asking the werewolves what they would like to drink. When she came to Devon she slung her head down avoided eye contact. Her voice came out with a whisper, "What would you like to drink, sir?"

"How about your blood?" Devon smiled evilly. While Devon was threatening Catherine I had a feeling someone was watching me. I looked toward Devon and see his side kick was staring at me. He was scrawny look guy which his curly brown hair. But his eyes were so creepy. They were a unnatural neon green. Why is creep staring at me? I soon realized that he was the same guy who was staring at me when I came into the mansion. Oh my God. I knew him from somewhere else. He was that wolf that almost killed me the night of my date with Shane.

"Devon, you are scaring the poor girl," Damien laughed. What was this? Shane's father was a monster and Catherine was shaking like a leaf.

"Just get me water." Devon laughed.

"Yes, sir."

            When she got to me, I pulled her arm down so I could whisper in her ear, "Are you okay,"

She pulled away angrily," I'm fine."

            "So, I heard that the human is hunting with us." Roxana said as she took a drink of her white wine. Who drinks wine in the morning?

The council members all growled in unison.

The green eyed guy cocked his head like a puppy and said, "Can she even hunt?"

Shane slammed his knife down which went through the table.

"Of course she can hunt Vlad. She would have killed you that night if she had her bow and arrows."

I grabbed Shane's arm and I sent to him in my mind. Calm down. He is just trying to get inside your head.

Vlad scoffed and continued to eat his eggs, but even then his creepy green eyes never left me.

"Shane, may I talk with you privately." Damien growled.

"Yes, father." Shane said with a tone a sarcasm Shane pushed his chair out angrily making it fly across the room. He and his father soon went out of the room with starts of shouts and growls.

"That boy needs to be taught a lesson one of these days." One council member said. He was older than all the other members.

"Can't you imagine that boy being the King on this pack. King Damon should of had more children." A more younger council member retorted.

"Shhh... You know that after the death of his mate, Lucille. He can't it's against the law," a different council member whispered.

Lucille must be Shane's mother.

"What happened to her?" I asked out loud. All eyes were on me. They all looked like they were ready to jump on me and kill me. Why did I have to say anything.

"You shut up. You human." Vlad said.

Andrei jumped out of his seat and growled," You don't talk to a lady like that."

"You Lone Wolf. You should been killed when you came back here. But since everyone is breaking the Law I guess we can make exceptions. You know what happened to Lucille you tell her." sneered Devon. The men around all laughed and Roxana just sat there giggling like a drunk.

I whispered to Andrei," I'm sorry I should not have opened my big mouth."

" It's okay. I'm not sure Shane would've told you anyway. It's kind of the hard subject for him."

" What happened to her?"

"Well Lucille was Shane's mother. A lovely woman. She took care of the sick and wounded. She was like the caregiver of the Pack. Everyone loved her. Soon she was pregnant with Shane. Everything seemed all right. Until she gave birth to him. The pack stays away from any human related thing. But we had to get human help for this. So we brought her to the hospital. After Shane was born there were problems. Lucille started puking and got an infection. She only lasted about four hours after he was born. It took a huge toll on the Pack. The communications or interactions with the humans were strictly forbidden. I thought it was all crazy. That it was all some kind of blame for death or an excuse to hate the humans. But it happens to all of us. We all die. That's why I got banished because I believed that. The humans tried everything they can do to save her life."

"Humans are sick. They are like ticks. They take what they want. Parasites that's what I call them." Devon looked at me in disgust, "I still can't believe the King brought you a human into the pack." Andrei growled and held my hand. Apparently I was shaking because Andrei said, "Calm down they can't hurt you."

"Who knows you might not even last a week here." Devon scoffed.

            A huge slam came from the door as Shane appeared running to Devon." You ever touch I will personally kill you. She's part of the Pack now and she's my mate you don't touch her. Is that understood?"

"Yes my Prince" Devon bowed his head but looked up at me with evil smile on his face.

"Let's go men. The Hunt will begin soon." Damien came into the room. He seemed very red to the face probably from arguing with Shane. We all filed out into the main hallway when I forgot to get my bow and arrows.

"S**t! I forgot my bow. Shane could you come with me?"

"Yeah sure." Shane smiled. We walked hand and hand to my room.

I soon got the courage to say, "So, Andrei told me about your mother."

"Oh." Shane's smiled slowly faded away.

"Shane I'm really sorry for your loss."

"It's okay. I don't worry about the past. I want to look towards the future. And hopefully you will stay in that future."

I smiled and put my arms around his neck.

"Of course I will. You did save my life."

"Twice."

I rolled my eyes," Fine twice." I leaned up to meet his lips. We stayed there for a while until Catherine came running in yelling my name.

"Sophie," she said breathless," You forgot your bow and arrows."

"Thanks, Catherine."

Catherine handed them to me. She smiled and whispered a hi at Shane.

            Before we turned around to leave, Catherine grabbed my arm and said, "Hey, I'm sorry I snapped at you. I'm not supposed to stay in the present of them for a long time."

"It's okay. I understand."

Catherine smiled and went away skipping happily.

"I feel like you two are going to be very best friends." Shane smiled.

I still looked towards where Catherine went and smiled at Shane, "I think so too. But let's go I don't want to be late for the Hunt. I still need to beat Andrei's butt!"

            I ran down the hallway with Shane laughing behind me. If only I wasn't a prisoner here maybe I would stop faking that everything was okay around Shane. I felt like I'm becoming weaker and my ego was diminishing. I didn't like it at all.

Why don't you just run away? This notion lingered in my mind. I could run away from all this. I could start over. What about Shane? I couldn't just leave him after all he's done for me. I looked up at Shane who already caught up to me. He smiled down and me and puts his hand around my waist. I forced a smile back.

No I thought I wouldn't leave Shane. I'm his...mate. I love him.

"Hey what took you two love birds so long? The Hunt is about to begin." Andrei smirked. "Or was Sophie getting scared that I am going to kick her butt."

"No, It's going to be me who is going to do the kicking." I smiled evilly.

            In front of us was a huge crowd of people waiting for the Hunt to begin. There were elderly and even children standing and talking to one another waiting for the Hunt to begin. Soon all the commotions settled down when Damien came up to speak. He spread his arms out to quiet the crowd and calmly yelled so everyone can hear him say,

"Brothers and sisters, we come here today to provide for the Pack for we do not know what the future ahead holds for us. We advise all of you to be courteous to others hunting needs and above all to have fun. Let the Hunt begin."

            I would have to say that day was the most freakish and scariest moment of my life. All around me people were becoming werewolves. There were clothes ripping, bones cracking, groans and cries everywhere as people transformed before my eyes. Once everyone transformed they all moved their muzzles up in the air and howled in unison while running into the woods.

"Sophie calm down ."Shane said in my mind.

I looked to my right to see Shane in his wolf form. His black fur was so beautiful under the sun. If I looked closer I could see a tint of blue in his fur,

Andrei cleared his throat and said," We are not going to get anything if you two keep staring at each other,"

I looked to my left to see Andrei finally in his wolf form. He's light brown fur matched his blonde hair in human form and his green eyes were brighter.

I faked a shriek.

"What's wrong?" He's ears picked up and his nose went in the air.

"Your transformation must have gone wrong because you still have a human nose."

"What!!!" He actually fell for it. He crossed his eyes to look for his human nose which was a priceless sight. Once he saw his muzzle he growled, "You little.."

Let's make a run for it. Shane's echoed through my mind.

What are we waiting for? I sent back to him. I think I might actually like this mind talking thing between mates.

I grabbed Shane's fur and ran into the woods.

"Smart a*s. Yeah, I know. And this smart a*s is going to kill the first rabbit." I yelled back at Andrei.

"Oh, no you don't." Andrei growled and ran toward us.

                                   ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

 

            It's been an hour since the Hunt began and I already killed a rabbit, six squirrels, and a doe. I bet Andrei didn't get that much kills. Shane taught me a lot about how they hunt. Once someone kills something they howl so they Receivers or the female wolves got and get the kill and bring it back to the village. When I killed my first squirrel, I'm not sure who was more shock me or the werewolf, because my howl actually sounded real. She came and picked up my kill in her mouth and growled at me, "Human." So what else could I do than growl back at her, "Werewolf." The look on Shane's face was priceless. I think maybe I could actually like becoming a human wolf.

            My thoughts were interrupted when I saw movement. I slowly turned around to spot the back end of a huge buck. He had to be about two hundred pounds and his rack was gorgeous. I slowly grabbed an arrow from behind from my bag and placed it in my bow. I saw the buck slowly walk out of the brush giving me a clean shot when behind me came a roar which spooked the buck. I quickly drew my arrow back and pivoted around to see Andrei who was smiling.

"What the hell. I could have gotten that buck. Cheater."

"Who me?" Andrei said confusingly, "I never cheat."

"Sure you do." I took my arrow out and put in my bag, "You know I could have killed you."

"But you didn't." he paused and sniffed the air," Where's Shane?"

"I don't know he said he smelt a moose."

"Of course he did."

"Why you don't think so?"

"Never mind. So what you..." Andrei was interrupted by a growl coming from the brush, "Sophie get behind me now." I obeyed and loaded my arrow.

            Out of the brush was a wolf not a regular wolf but a werewolf.

"Did I scare the poor human?" it was the voice of none other than Roxana. Her fur was a caramel with white streaks in it. Her eyes were more violet which made it looked unnatural. She was a little smaller than Andrei, but that didn't make a difference she could have passed off as the size as a pony.

"No," I retorted, "I thought maybe you were a prey. Even though I'm now part of the Pack doesn't mean I can't use you as target practice."

"I don't have time for you." She turned to Andrei, "Andrei, we need your help. Shane found a moose and he got hurt trying to kill it." Shane's hurt we have to find him.

"Where?" I asked worried.

"Just over the hill." Roxana ran off ahead. "Come on Andrei."

"I can't just leave Sophie here by herself."

Roxana stomped back over to Andrei and said, "She can protect herself."

"She's coming with us."

Roxana rolled her eyes and growled," Fine, just try to keep up."

"It's not my fault God only gave me two legs." I growled.

            We started to run north, but of course I was behind.

"Sophie, we can stop..." Andrei slowed down to my pace.

"We have to hurry up I haven't killed a moose in a long time." Roxana whined.

With a gasp a breath I said, "I'm fine let's go. I need to make sure Shane is okay."

            We continued to run, but soon I started to slow down again. I had to stop my lungs felt like they were about to explode. I was sweating so much that I could have filled a bucket up. I soon caught my breath and continued to run.

"Andrei?" There was no reply except for the wind blowing in the trees and the birds tweeting. Ugh, its starting to get dark now that I was going deeper into the woods.

Shane, I'm lost. I sent to his mind.

            Again no reply. I can't believe I'm lost. The wind started to blow harder against the trees making it sound like it was screaming or laughing at me. I started to shake. My comfort zone, my safe place in the woods was now becoming my cold torture. An idea popped in my head. I cupped my hand around my mouth and howled as loud as I could. But it was no use the wind was taking my howl away and making my howl its own. I slowly slid down the tree to the ground. I was utterly lost and I could do nothing about it. I closed my eyes and slowly began to fall asleep when I suddenly heard a crackling of leaves.

"Shane?" No answer. "Andrei?" Nothing.

I quickly stood up and loaded my bow. I jumped out behind the tree and release my arrow into nothing but air. My mind must be playing tricks on me.

Shane, please find me! I yelled in my mind. I walked over to my arrow. I bent down to pick up my bow which was impaled into the cold, dirty ground. As I stood up a hand swatted the arrow out of my hand and quickly covered my mouth.

"You scream and I will break your neck understood." It was a guy's voice. I knew it but I was too shock to place a name to the voice. I nodded my head.

"Now let's take these off and put that away. I don't want you to hurt yourself." He was talking about my bow and arrow bag. I slowly pulled the bag off and threw my trusty bow to the ground.

"That's a good girl." The guy chuckled. The guy put his hand in my hair and began to smell each strand.

"Smells like pine." He soon releases his hand from my mouth. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. Who was this guy? What did he want from me?

Shane help me! I screamed it my mind, but it was like a brick wall was pushing me back from Shane's mind.

"That's a good question. The answer is simple: I want you to be mine."

What the heck just happen did he just read my mind? What else can he do?

"Oh, I can do lots more sweetie especially to you." He turned me around to face him, but before I could recognize his face everything went black.



© 2013 The Invisible Girl


Author's Note

The Invisible Girl
OMG! That was an epic ending wasn't it! O.o lol
So questions:
1) How was it?
2) Grammar/Spelling errors...they always seem to be hiding from me. lol
3) Who's your favorite character so far?
4) Do I need more action, suspense, or detail??
and last but not least....
5) WHO HAS SOPHIE!!????!!! O.o
Thank you again for all your reviews!!! And I hope you enjoyed reading my book!! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my. Noooooooo. Who is that awful man!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

10 Years Ago

You'll find out next chapter! Be prepared to be shocked! Lol
Rhea752

10 Years Ago

i was lol
Your chapters are out of order... I clicked next chapter from 13 and got here instead .

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Yeah, i think something is going on with Writerscafe. Because its doing the same when I read other p.. read more
I loved it you have to do the next chapter ASAP and FYI Andrei is still mine

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

I will try! :)
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Good thxs :)
Who on EARTH is that horrid man???? Was it that little neon green eyed kid?????? What on Earth is going to happen? Write more soon!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

I will! Glad you enjoyed! :) And you will have to find out who the horrid man is when I post the nex.. read more
Dominique

11 Years Ago

Yay! And I can't wait to figure it out.
:O INTENSE LOL
I loved it!!!! Cathrine is awesome she is sooo nice!
My favourite is still and always will be Andrei!
NO YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE SUSPENSE I WAS ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT WHILE READING THIS!!!!
OMG It's some evil dude who wants sophie to be HIS mate and she will be like heck no! and Shane will save the day or maybe Andrei will who know!!!!!
I can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :) I'll start working on the next chapter after I finish my stupid History paper -__-. I thi.. read more
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

xD Message me!!!!!! We must talk about the book :P
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Okay!!! :D
*screams*
WHO WAS IT?? WHO WAS IT???? WHO WAS IT?????
I want to know! Please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE I KNOW!!!
Wait... DONT TELL ME ITS DEVON!!! It cant be Andrei! He is .. read more
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

O.o I guess I better start writing Chapter 13! :)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

You better should! -_-
:)
OMG! CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!! I must have the next chapter NOW!

As you can tell, I love this chapter. Keep up the good work. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

It's a little emotioncon I found on the Japanese setting on my Kindle's keyboard. There's tons of th.. read more
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Cool! lol :)
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

Yep!
Grrrrrr.... Whoever took Sophie better watch his back because I'm pretty ticked off... >:)

Lol such a great chapter! Roxanna is seriously annoying me, though :/

I really feel for Sophie and I wanted to snap Devon's neck for messing with Catherine >:(.

Next one ASAP!!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

You will be soo shocked when you find out who took her! Thanks for reading. I'll try to work on the .. read more
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)
This was awesome!!! I really enjoyed this chapter! It was very exciting and full of surprises. Biggest thing with grammar, you kinda switch between past tense and present tense. I would stick more with the past tense, it's a little easier to work with in the first person. My favorite character so far is Andrei because he is always watching out for Sophie. I like Shane too, but I feel like he ditches Sophie a lot to fend for herself or have Andrei protect her, which is selfish since he went out of his way to find her and bring her to be his mate. But he's still adorable lol I think you have a great level of action, suspense and detail. It's a perfect pace and I feel like you set up the scene very well. And I wonder who could have Sophie and how is he reading her mind! Can't wait for the next chapter!!!!! Awesome job as always! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Yeah...I struggle with that stupid tense. lol I knew something would be wrong since I was rushing to.. read more
Wow super suspense!!! Really great chapter with excellent tension in the scenes with Sophie and the wolves... And now who is this guy! Can't wait to read more! Perfectly executed cliffhanger!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

Glad you enjoying my book!!! :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

627 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2013
Last Updated on January 14, 2013


Author

The Invisible Girl
The Invisible Girl

Gumdrop Forest, Candy Land :P



About
I always had a passion for writing. Though I'm not the best writer, I always put my readers first. I hope whenever you read my work that you will enjoy it. So share, rate and review my stuff and i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..