Illumination

Illumination

A Story by Corwin T.
"

"Can you guess what I am describing??"

"

Illuminated. Illumination. My eyes glanced upwards and I was suddenly given a sense of direction. A sense of purpose. Not so much feeling or emotions, just knowledge, assurance. Certainty. Illumination. The word couldn't escape my mind. Even though it should suggest or hint that escape from my thoughts are possible. Perhaps this illumination I needed within my own mind. But what was this illumination? Orange and red mixed together? Well one could say that, a more accurate description would be a red, a red losing its color. Faded. Dried. Dying. Perhaps like a flower nearing the end of its season. A rose nearing the end of its life. Yet unlike a rose where it’s color eventually fades there was consistency. Yes. Consistency. For this color was, is, and will be the same for eternity, based on my inspections. Feeling like an investigator I could try to touch the object. But not being tall enough to defeat its level of height I became content with my observations. Around its illumination was an unremarkable piece of architecture. A rectangle, clearly gray from the front, and back. Absent of light in the back, yet still holding upon important shapes. Four shapes with lost color. Giving me, my own direction. One could get lost in its gradient background, but once one knows its direction there is no need to stare at it further. The fading rose, the gray back, and the absence of its light was all I needed. For I knew where I was going. I escaped. And so did it’s illumination. 

© 2013 Corwin T.


Author's Note

Corwin T.
Hint: The object I am describing is usually found indoors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

One possible object comes to mind. Perhaps it is a street light, giving direction and illumination. By the way this is not exactly a story it's more of a what am I? yes I know there is no genre to click for that. LOL

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013

Author

Corwin T.
Corwin T.

Grand Rapids , MI



About
I live in Grand Rapids Michigan and have a huge love for writing. I currently write Essays, Poems, as well as Christian Inspiration, humor and satire, and am also experimenting with short stories. You.. more..

Writing