A Means to an end

A Means to an end

A Story by Shadow Walker
"

"
The door in this chapter of my life has closed, and there is only a small window of opportunity left to come back. But that window itself is ever so slowly closing also. In this chapter there has been laughter and crying, words have been thrown back and forth. Some of which we can both say are now regretted. Also in this chapter were some of the happiest moments of my life, and some of the saddest. I didn't even cry this hard or long when My own father Died. I had a blast though in this chapter of my life and would do it all over again.

The difficult thing about these Chapters in our lives is having to close that door and sometimes never leaving a window of opportunity open, But The Hardest thing is Locking the Door and that window Permanently. And Never allow it to be open Again. That Is the hardest thing to deal with in life.

In this Chapter I have walked away from love and walked into a new found respect for myself and who I am. And What I need to do for me. I know now more about myself than I have ever known before. I know that I really Don't know what I want to do with my college carrier, What I do know is that I will not Quit. I will eventually find my place this is what I know. As For what I know about myself well you did teach me allot I am a better person for knowing what I know now. It will help me succeed In my life. And Also put things in order slowly for me. For that I thank you.

Along with this chapter has Come a New one, Like in Biology all things must end at some point, but there has to be rebirth of New. So in this New Chapter there is a Rebirth, I like I said before have found out allot about myself, and with that said I have Found out such things as who my real friends are, and there are few left of the old ones that I had so ever thought were friends. Life is like that sometimes, Friends come in and out of your life like buss boys in a restaurant. And In making these findings I have found out who the true friends really are. These friends are those who one were there for me in my hour of my darkness, and brought me back to the light. These friends are also the Intellectual, and Successful ones. These are the type of friends that most likely will be with me the rest of my life and actually be there for me.

In the new chapter, There are new things that I have done to help ME. I have quit my job to go to school full time, I have also been more actively studying at my own pace, and not being rushed is nice. Fully knowing the both of my parents support me in this manner. And in this Chapter there are more opportunity for ME. I am Going to D.C. this year for the Club In which I am a officer of. Model UN/NATO has taught me allot about foreign policy, and affairs. With this trip I get to be around people who are as intelligent and Intellectual as I am. In the Summer I will be going to Chicago To go and Visit My fathers grave which will help bring closer to that Portion of my life. And In June the trip to the Bahamas Which Will be my first ever real vacation. I will be able to actually relax.

So in this I have plans I know that I do Want to get my Bachelors degree possibly in Nursing but this is not set into stone, I am 22 years old I have the Whole world literately in my hands.

So Now I close this door to the old and it is now locked the key to be taken by me to and thrown away the window well it too will soon be closed and it too will be nailed and locked shut. It is hard to do and it is not easy. But It was a learning experience that I will take with me what I have learned and Not take with me what I can no longer Have.

I will now close this door with and old Gaelic Prayer a blessing some would call i.

May the road rise to meet you, May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And and may you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you are gone and, until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of his han    

© 2010 Shadow Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on January 28, 2010
Last Updated on January 28, 2010

Author

Shadow Walker
Shadow Walker

Willoughby, OH



About
I am a Line cook, nursing student, , a Writer, Poet, and I am a Romancer. I was Raised to be very open minded and that I am my views and my feelings are like no other. I believe to live life to the f.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5