I am the Girl

I am the Girl

A Poem by crashandburnplz
"

I really just took a lot of the things in my life and put it in this. So yeah, this really really hits home for me.

"

I am the girl whose never had a family that she truly loved.
I am the girl who has a family that she feels doesn't love her.
I am the girl who stands at parties, looking at everyone having fun.
I am the girl who was supposed to fail.
I am the girl who hates her friends at school.
I am the girl who has a different identity on the internet.
I am the girl who can talk to a guy better then any of her female friends.
I am the girl who can't stand her own dreams.
I am the girl who writes and reads too much; the one who writes and reads, to take her to a different reality, to a better reality.
I am the girl who can't stand a mirror in her room.
I am the girl who the others hate.
I am the girl who hates the others.
I am the girl who achieves F's instead of the A's she could; if she tried.
I am the girl who is poor.
I am the girl with the Good Will clothes.
I am the girl wearing her jeans over her ratty skater shoes.
I am the girl who hasn't owned a dress in over four years.
I am the girl who hasn't wore a feminine piece of clothing in a year.
I am the girl who was almost raped; who is scarred for life.
I am the girl who hates television; too many lies.
I am the girl who lies to stay above water.
I am the girl who has no life, outside of her few, select friends.
I am the girl who listens to Rock, Alternative, and Country all together.
I am the girl who easily falls in love, but never shows it.
I am the girl who has a broken heart that only one can possibly consider mending.
I am the girl who can't live without music.
I am the girl who tries to sing, but her words are choked with sobs.
I am many girls.
There are many like me.
Most people don't look behind our masks, we don't notice each other, we are too used to hiding ourselves.
We are the ones with shells; too afraid of what is waiting for us in the real world.

© 2009 crashandburnplz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'd say, that you're definitly not the only one. It really does hit home, and I guess a lot of found ourselves, after eah sentence, saying 'yeah...me too.'. I can relate to this in so many ways that it envokes bad memories, but I try not to be that girl anymore. Not the girl in the poem. It was me...and I like it that way.

As for your words? Saturated in real, raw emotions and very clearly seen. I found myself drawn into a flash of different fuzzy memories of each scenario described. Mixed feelings of contemptment, frustration, fear, joy, then contemptment; all of these in so many random ways, are in this one peom. I loved it....and this line spoke loud for me 'cause I live it:

"I am the girl who writes and reads too much; the one who writes and reads, to take her to a different reality, to a better reality."

London


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


"...the one who writes and reads, to take her to a different reality, to a better reality."

I really related to this part in particular. I remember reading long books filled with wonder to escape the reality I just wasn't strong enough to bear. I remember how my heart would ache as I read the last few pages, because I knew it would end and I'd have to face the world again. Thankfully, I've reached a point in my life where I don't have to hide in the stories, now I'm able to write my own.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'd say, that you're definitly not the only one. It really does hit home, and I guess a lot of found ourselves, after eah sentence, saying 'yeah...me too.'. I can relate to this in so many ways that it envokes bad memories, but I try not to be that girl anymore. Not the girl in the poem. It was me...and I like it that way.

As for your words? Saturated in real, raw emotions and very clearly seen. I found myself drawn into a flash of different fuzzy memories of each scenario described. Mixed feelings of contemptment, frustration, fear, joy, then contemptment; all of these in so many random ways, are in this one peom. I loved it....and this line spoke loud for me 'cause I live it:

"I am the girl who writes and reads too much; the one who writes and reads, to take her to a different reality, to a better reality."

London


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

woah...that's pretty awesome...nice one

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2009

Author

crashandburnplz
crashandburnplz

Steeleville, IL



About
Uh.. Not too much to say about me. Call me Crash, because of my username, or Feefer because that's what everyone else calls me. I write, but I've kinda took a break because of school. I'm pree' s.. more..

Writing
One. One.

A Poem by crashandburnplz