My Wonderland

My Wonderland

A Poem by Pyrrha Rayn
"

Not what it's cracked up to be

"
Glowing, shimmering, igniting the night with their fiery light. As the stars dance in a warm lazy wind. The moon smiles filled with the ages of wisdom. 
And the night fades to day as the sun warms the away the cold shadows. The fears and horrors of what lays waiting disappear. The scent of warm summer rain mixing in with the pungent perfume of the roses. The waves of grass move in a dance unknown to man. But we feel it all the same.
Buildings laced with white and pearls glimmer in the heat of day. As people walk and laugh kids racing about the warm ground. Peace and serenity are found here. It is a safe place.

And suddenly something happens. A storm cloud unlike the others that have been seen before. Instead of rolling into white fluff it stretches and grows dark and angry.  The first strike of lightening and the world suddenly collapses.

Madness. Is the only way to describe the horrors. The stars can no longer be seen and can no longer dance in the fashion that they do. The moon as turned into a dagger of despair no smile will appear from him this night. 
When did it become day? The sun forbears to shine in this wasteland. The black dark monstrous evil things have taken control. 
The fears that once were chased away now come hunting. No longer are they the prey of light but now are the predators of the dark black night. The waves of grass now turn to blades slicing as their once intricate dance turns into a threatening stance. The summer rain has been corroded away by the slick warm acid. It's smell mixing in with the black dead roses who's thorns reach out clawing anyone who dares stray close enough for their wicked grasp. 

The buildings are coal black and blend in with their surrounds. The former glory of the pearled buildings has been lost to the jaws of eternity. People no longer walk but seem to do an awkward crawl. Friends now betray each other to the bowels of hell. Kids no longer play in the warm streets. Rather, they run from the monsters that once were just a scary story. They scream and fall into the streets paved with the never ending streams of blood.

Madness, Chaos, Death, and Destruction.
How oh how did my beautiful Wonderland...
Become the Land of Blood. 

© 2012 Pyrrha Rayn


Author's Note

Pyrrha Rayn
My morbid thought of the day <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on April 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 10, 2012
Tags: wonderland, poem, sad, dark, bloody, moon, sun, people, grass, roses

Author

Pyrrha Rayn
Pyrrha Rayn

The Wonderland In My Brain., MT



About
I write poetry... And, yeah I hope it reaches you. more..

Writing