Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by crazysox
"

Jolie opens the journal. What will she find out????

"
The book is sitting in front of me on the kitchen table. I've brought it in, cleaned up the glass, and made myself some green tea. It's time to open the journal, I guess. See if this journal is just some elaborate prank....or if my life is just some elaborate prank.
I close my eyes and flip open the page. Then, I open my eyes, simple as that. I'm expecting to faint, or be frozen in shock, or something along the lines of that. I'm probably going to clutch my pearls, scream 'Oh my deary dear!' and have a heart attack, like any sane lady with pearls would do. I think I need to get some pearls. Or sanity. Whichever's sold cheaper.
Like I said, I was expecting to freak out. Even just a little gasp would do. But this? I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this.
A blank page. Yeah, you heard me. All that excitement and I get an anticlimactic letdown? You've got to be kidding me! Even worse, it's not just a journal page that's blank. It's a blank piece of paper stapled onto a blank piece of paper. What is up with that?
Just as I'm about to turn the page, something catches my eye. That piece of paper....isn't blank. Someone stapled it on backwards. Not only that, but they folded it up and wrinkled the page, too, from the looks of it. Upon closer inspection, it's scribbled upon. In mostly blue and green. There's a jagged border between them, which makes me think it's green grass and blue skies. In between the grass and sky stands....are those people? A big stick figure and a little stick figure hold hands, smiles drawn across their faces.
I have trouble reading the inscription at the top, for it has been written by the hands of a five-year-old. Squinting just enough, I can decipher it.
'Momy, plees come bak' it says. There's a little heart underneath it, beside a name. I assume it means 'Love, Peter'.


© 2011 crazysox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've read all of your chapters so far and i must say that i have enjoyed everything that you've written. Keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Simply amazing! I cannot wait for the next chapter, haha :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


well I know of only one other 12 y/o that can write like this, tophatgirl, go check out her stuff. The two of you may have lots in literary common.

Your writing style and format does show signs of perfectionism. At your age, unless you started reading at 2y/o and your parents are Harvard graduate published authors that have nurtured your interests, I might say you are a savant.
I dare say I should write so well. But it's not just how well you write, it's your ideas, concepts and relationships within that writing. Very well developed.

Keep writing, save everything you write, develop a writing routine, but don't make it a chore. Write anything, write everything. Your expressions and perspective will grow along with you. Don't let anybody tell ya any different kid.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Argh soxxy (I have now deemed you that :P) THIS IS AMAZING I can't wait for the next chapter x3

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2011
Last Updated on August 31, 2011


Author

crazysox
crazysox

DC



About
NOTE: My featured story is almost always my most recent one. PLEASE read that one first, my older works are probably not that good! I'm a 14-year-old writer who's always dreamed of becoming the aut.. more..

Writing
Flaming Rings Flaming Rings

A Story by crazysox


Remember? Remember?

A Story by crazysox



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Five Chapter Five

A Chapter by crazysox