A space returned won't be

A space returned won't be

A Story by creepkiss
"

immortal.

"
"You say its a change of lifestyle, but is it truly that?  Wouldn't it be less drastic if it were only a change in lifestyle?"  "No not for either of us it wouldn't."  "Then tell me what made you see this in a less obscure way, you say you've been alive for centuries.  Why is it that none of what you say has no emotion?"  Neither men spoke for the next few minutes, only stared at eachother, with empty faces.  The younger man reached for a cigarett from his chest pocket lit a match and then lit the cigarett.  Taking a quick inhale and the exhaling a cloud of smoke that seemed endless  "I lose intress quickly.  And now I am losing intrest in you and your questions" he said. "Well I'll say the same about your questions.  Im having trouble understanding why you came to me, you seem smart and experienced why come to an old man with old knowledge?"  The young man put out his cigarett and stood up with his arms open "because your going to give me all your inheritnece, you'll soon die and you have no son to take over the buisness.  Leaving it to trusted aquantences won't be enough so you'll trust me and leave me everything."  The older man's eyebrows rose with a confused expression only to worsen his wrinkles.  "You sicken me."  "Oh don't worry about your wife and doughters they'll be taken cared of now all I need from you is your aproval."  "Aproval?  You thik that you can take anything you want from me just becasue your...your imortal?  I will not let you even as I lay dieing you will never take from me anything."  "Oh dear old freind if only it was the difficult you seem to me weaker than the last time we meet.  Don't you see your health is taken quicte a beating, but I didn't think you'd last this long.  It time to give in let death take you, embrace it with open arms and don't be afraid it its touch becasue you have no idea how much I would love to touch it.  "I won't let you and you think you can't be touched by death everyone is touched by it from ther moment they take there first breath."  "Well then let me remind you that I don't breath.  You can't kill whats already dead."  The younger man stared longer at his old freind no with his arms crossed still as a statue.  "You come here to my home and mock me with your great power reminding me that death is near, asking me to leave you everything, asking me to trust you.  Why now?"  the old man stood up and walked to his freind with hopeful eyes.  "Make me like you.  Make me imortal old freind."  The young man looked at him with a pity expression taking the old man face in his ice cold palms.  "never"  he said with a sudden cut at the trought the young man held his freind close as if saying a silent prayer and then a sudden drop.  "Farewell my old freind."

© 2014 creepkiss


Author's Note

creepkiss
IGNORE GRAMMAR PROBLEMS. JUST AN IDEA.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014
Tags: immortal, old friends

Author

creepkiss
creepkiss

bonita, CA



About
I am a female writer, "short stories are my favorite, although I think I'm more of a novelist" Love photography, Have an Obsession with Books and basically anything thats been taken the time to be .. more..