Road to Morristown

Road to Morristown

A Book by C. Rose
"

A story of a woman reflecting on her journey in time and where it has led her. Pearl knew suffering in her life, but it was that suffering that would lead her into the arms of fate.

"

© 2011 C. Rose


Author's Note

C. Rose
"A city inspired by bohemian occupied Montmartre, Paris in the early 1900's, Pearl encounters townspeople weaving a cloth of both good and evil, rich and poor, tormented and wise. It is within this moment in time that Pearl learns the meanings of her past and the promise of her future. "

Within this story of accepting fate in one's life, I hope to weave in the charm, but also darkness that hovered in the Bohemian cultural revolution in Paris, in the late 1800's to early 1900's. This was a grand time for art, literature and culture, but it came at a price for the artists that submerged themselves in it's battered beauty. I have always loved reading about this time and, like many, most of my favorite artists and authors were inspired at the cafe's and cabaret's of Montmarte. Much of Morristown is inspired by the readings and study I have done on the era.

I am looking for both grammar and dialogue review and feedback. I am new to exposing my writing and this is the largest project I have taken on so please be honest. Thank you for taking the time to review, I know it's long and I appreciate it. I look forward to your comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am going have to visit more, I do enjoy reading my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

857 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 6, 2010
Last Updated on January 23, 2011
Tags: fiction, novel

Author

C. Rose
C. Rose

Albuquerque, NM



About
I am a poet and writer that pens under the bohemian dogma; "Truth, Love, Beauty and Freedom" and believe any form of expression is precious. I am a thirty something, living in the American Southwest .. more..

Writing
Want Want

A Poem by C. Rose