THE VOYAGE

THE VOYAGE

A Story by Crusaderscross

Walking down the 42 fake ceramic stairs in my building, I was thinking about how I never climb them the same way. Sometimes I walk strait, take them in an angle, or even skip 2 at a time.

I am probably not the only one who does this, but on the other hand, I could be the only person that thinks "how the hell am I going to climb those stairs today? "

Those goddamn 90 degree half square ceramic legos become part of my conscious mind. As soon as I step out of my apartment, I try to explain to myself how such a mundane stupid gesture as climbing stairs can take over my mind.

It could be that the act of climbing the stairs in different ways is a symbol of my inabilities to accept routine. Routine is my road to insanity. 42 steps keep me from going insane.

© 2010 Crusaderscross


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Kudos on this one, it made me think about how I approach stairs or how I plan a route somewhere to avoid seeing the same things on a daily basis. It really reminds you that even the most mundane of things can really change your entire day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It was very interesting and it got you thinking. Fantastic job! Bravo! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very interesting and introspective. Great job of taking the ordinary and making an excellent write out of it. Definitely something to think about.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great job man. It makes you think. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This makes going down the stairs to a whole new level. You made this very real to the reader, like we were right in your head thinking the same thoughts and it all made perfect sense. How you go down those stairs is very important, likely critical, and a major part of your daily routine, for better or worse. This is really good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent. I like this one a lot. The simple way you put forth the pondering pulls the reader into the feelings the narrator is surfacing. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haha! That was awesome! To write something good about climbing stairs takes a real crazy and brainy mind! I loved the ending! '42 steps keep me from going insane' good!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like the exploratory nature of the question you are posing, it's a very neat concept. the end of your poem however, feels like a synopsis, and tells too much to the reader. It feels like an exploratory essay could be at work. You seem to have nice ideas, hope to see you put them into shape. Thanks

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 14, 2010

Author

Crusaderscross
Crusaderscross

Montreal, Canada



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Drift Drift

A Poem by Robin


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan