A NYC Min.

A NYC Min.

A Poem by CRZ

A New York minute. Equivalent to 30 seconds in California due to the herbal essences roaming on top atmospheric smiles. Same as 15 seconds in Florida caused by Disneyland and hard labor for oranges. And unfortunately 10 seconds in North Korea with its poverty and famine eating its people alive. 10 New York minutes have just gone by after reading this paragraph.

            This world is already a dog fighting for a loose bone based one but over here is where Michael Vick dogs rest. Whether it’s waiting on line for breakfast, cramming like a college student who decided to wake up 24 hours before its terminal test. But instead of stuffing brain into textbooks, stuffs the brain and body into a subway train. Now a rush hour to and from work are a couple minutes anywhere else.

            I've encountered a lot of people who weren't born in New York say New York is the capital of the world. At first I didn't even understand the meaning behind those heavily accented words. But there is truth in that sentence.

            The whole world is changing or aspires to be an industrial one, New York is the epitome of advancements. In order to be ahead, evolving is the main ingredient. Technology, prices, and people transform every day; it’s good to always improve but at this point is out of hand. Try so hard to do well, you actually do bad.  Everyone rushing. On their phone, tablet, to their appointments, microwave food.

            A new iPhone springs more fascination than the sun setting. New uggs that everybody is impatiently whining on line for is cooler than the snow beneath their feet. A home cook meal appears frumpish compared to a bagel and coffee.  Cold weather here adds another layer to our persona. I’m not a fan of the cold and I hate when my fingers turn numb so I breeze through the winds searching for warmth.

            I know there’s “jobs” over here but most people don’t even want to be here.

            Is funny, the rest of the world wants to come here or forced because their homeland doesn't provide much but for what? 

© 2014 CRZ


Author's Note

CRZ
swooosh

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

CRZ, I followed everything that you had to say and agreed with most of it. New York, a great place to visit but, who wants to live there.
CRZ, Your poem is filled with information for the reader to ponder once read but, your poem needs structure. When I first saw it, I thought that maybe it was a short, short story.
I do not go to the city unless I absolutely have to.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jobs? What jobs? With the cost of living, one would hope the jobs are at least decent paying, though sadly in my experience a lot of them are not.

From just my years of school living in the city, I would call this a very accurate story. At the same time, most of the closest friends I've ever had live in one of the boroughs, and I strangely enough miss it, pollution and overcrowdedness and all. I think you sum up the l;ove/hate relationship very accurately.

(I went to college in NYC, graduated last May... now moving to South Korea for work!)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, this poem got me thinking and I love poetry like that! I love the double meaning in cooler in relation to the uggs and snow. The fact that cooler resembles something "hip" in relation to the boots and then cooler as in relation to cold, it really makes the theme of appreciating the little things in life come to fruition. The only thing I would add is "it" before "is out of hand" and "it" in front of "is funny" ( might just been a typo) but other then that I love your way with words in this piece! Keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
No I take it back, this one's my favourite!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


It made me ponder on a lot of things. I am not in NY and I have never been. But it felt like all the splendor-painted myth of a city where people believe in another and experience something else. I like it. Though, it felt more of a narrative than a poem for me. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Man this is dope. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes, what you said is, um, very observational. The world is like a pack of dogs fighting over bones. It begs the question, "Where's the meat?" But I'm a vegetarian most of the time so let the dogs have at it. Is the grass really greener on the other side of the hill? All I can see are barren planes of that concrete Serengeti, streets, roads, codes, abodes -- twisting and turning like a plate of spaghetti.

Here's to the numb finger, CRZ.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Time is of the essence, and opportunities lost or gained, rest upon that fact! Excellent, and clear concept!

Posted 10 Years Ago


brilliant piece... whether truth or fiction a great perspective... a different view

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good thoughts to ponder, I am born and raised in NYC and honestly the center of the world is a myth, people move to NYC because they want to fit in and be cool with the hipsters of the world, NYC is one big rat race looking for a piece of cheese...bullshit in all its material splendor, that's just one New Yorker talking to another...nice work.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1179 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2014
Last Updated on January 11, 2014

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..