A NYC Min.

A NYC Min.

A Poem by CRZ

A New York minute. Equivalent to 30 seconds in California due to the herbal essences roaming on top atmospheric smiles. Same as 15 seconds in Florida caused by Disneyland and hard labor for oranges. And unfortunately 10 seconds in North Korea with its poverty and famine eating its people alive. 10 New York minutes have just gone by after reading this paragraph.

            This world is already a dog fighting for a loose bone based one but over here is where Michael Vick dogs rest. Whether it’s waiting on line for breakfast, cramming like a college student who decided to wake up 24 hours before its terminal test. But instead of stuffing brain into textbooks, stuffs the brain and body into a subway train. Now a rush hour to and from work are a couple minutes anywhere else.

            I've encountered a lot of people who weren't born in New York say New York is the capital of the world. At first I didn't even understand the meaning behind those heavily accented words. But there is truth in that sentence.

            The whole world is changing or aspires to be an industrial one, New York is the epitome of advancements. In order to be ahead, evolving is the main ingredient. Technology, prices, and people transform every day; it’s good to always improve but at this point is out of hand. Try so hard to do well, you actually do bad.  Everyone rushing. On their phone, tablet, to their appointments, microwave food.

            A new iPhone springs more fascination than the sun setting. New uggs that everybody is impatiently whining on line for is cooler than the snow beneath their feet. A home cook meal appears frumpish compared to a bagel and coffee.  Cold weather here adds another layer to our persona. I’m not a fan of the cold and I hate when my fingers turn numb so I breeze through the winds searching for warmth.

            I know there’s “jobs” over here but most people don’t even want to be here.

            Is funny, the rest of the world wants to come here or forced because their homeland doesn't provide much but for what? 

© 2014 CRZ


Author's Note

CRZ
swooosh

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, the grass is always greener and the streets are always paved with gold...somewhere else...!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hmmmm interesting...........

Posted 10 Years Ago


I am not a fast pace kinda of person and the hustle and bustle of a big city is great to visit but I am always happy to return home to my smaller town. It is only a five minute drive to my work. Very little traffic. I get what you are saying. Many people want to be in the epicenter of the world but not I.

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. Ya know, I've never really thought about it like that, but it makes sense. That was really good, well done writing this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


As one who has always lived out in the "middle of nowhere" parts of the world, this is how I feel in New York. I can keep up with the city madness better than a lot of country kids, but I know I could never live in it for more than a few days. I attend a school with many New Yorker students. It's interesting to note how their attitudes contrast with mine and the other Virginians, and how they change over four years. The rest of the world may aspire to reach New York, but the New Yorkers I've met are grateful for the opportunity to escape. Great read!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The world is shot to s**t right now. I don't think we would last 5 new york minutes in the 18th century. Maybe we should slow the f**k down and just look around. What would we see?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Its a great reflection on things,75

Posted 10 Years Ago


What a great reflection of New York. You're right the rest of the world looks at NY as the place to be, and even in our own country (especially in the writing or art world) NY is IT! It's where the hustle and bustle meets. It's where anyone who is anyone is supposed to be "seen". This reminds me of the classic line from that song we all know "if I can make it there, I can make it anywhere." But, I like that you pose the question at the end "for what?" Is the rush and chaos really worth it? Again, such a great observation! My family all immigrated through NY a loooong time ago, and part of them still live there. It's an amazing place, but is the price worth the stress? Well done with this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


a really interesting read. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


That was really deep. I feel like I just went to New York myself! I've never been there, and have always imagined it as amazing. I guess it's different for people everywhere, and you pictured that perfectly! Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1179 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2014
Last Updated on January 11, 2014

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spring Spring

A Poem by CRZ


Distance Distance

A Poem by A. Amos