next stop

next stop

A Poem by CRZ
"

written on a NYC train

"
The trains are very interesting. Everybody who enters the moving metal box brings their own stories and you can read a few pages by looking into their eyes. Each ride to work, meeting up with their friend or to home is a different type of pace. If you sleep on the train, your physical frame experiences how your mind dreams when the snoring commences; all over the place.
As a kid, the colorful lights hugging the trains illuminating the trains through them dark tunnels used to have me in awe. I didn't need an amusement park to be entertained. 
Ever took the train at 3 in the morning? 
You can impregnate your girl and witness the child's 3rd birthday before you can get to the 4th stop towards home.
If we would realize how deep we're inside mother earth
How about the less fortunate who enter the depths of mother nature asking for what man has made out of mother nature.That's like hugging your mother asking her where is mommy.
The train consists of strangers who optically unite to condemn someone that society would announce as weird or dumb. Let's not forget the angle our eyes take when the train commences to transport which is straight down to the phones. And a type of phone you have gives you a false sense of merit. It's considered a threat if eyes are laid on you instead on their phones or the phloor. 
Your intention when talking to new people is not to advance yourself but the things you can learn by talking to others in the train is quite surprising. If everybody's stories mesh on the daily it will culminate to an advanced culture. There will be more understanding amongst others and the discovery of the lies people firmly believe and fight for. It teaches kids instead of looking at people, keeping quiet and eventually start to judge and compare from within they will ask questions and embrace the many differences we share. 

I guess I'm on a enlightenment tangent but this is my train of thought. 
The thing about love and learning is that there is no last stop.

© 2014 CRZ


Author's Note

CRZ
hi

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your train of thought.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow! Your poetry seems to transcend each time I read it. Well crafted piece, thank for sharing your train of thoughts.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Keep riding and learning about love and life and all it has in store for you for it has much giving.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I agree CRZ - we've reached a place (in the Western world only, I suspect) where we fear anyone who looks at us or tries to engage with us. How did we get here? If 360 Westernised people were in an elevator they would all be looking in a different direction!
Fine writing CRZ - much as I remembered you for...


Posted 9 Years Ago


CRZ,your works intrigue me much.I get absorbed into your scope of thought anytime I read your work.I was imagining myself in that train..the long journeys through tunnels and stuff and your wording makes it so vivid..thanks alot..nice piece!

Posted 9 Years Ago


CRZ,your works intrigue me much.I get absorbed into your scope of thought anytime I read your work.I was imagining myself in that train..the long journeys through tunnels and stuff and your wording makes it so vivid..thanks alot..nice piece!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow you have amazing talent, well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really liked the way that you made the train into a completely different world. A train was turned not only into a way of transport, but a way people connect, and judge, and make new friends, and live their lives. It was a new way of thinking of a way of travel that we don't think of a whole lot, and like others have said, the "you can impregnate your girl and witness the child's 3rd birthday before you can get to the 4th stop" line had me chuckling.....alright, fine, I was full on laughing and making people question my sanity, but it was funny nonetheless. I really want to read more of your writing. Very, very good, and it makes you really think about things.

Posted 9 Years Ago


this is a beautiful write but this line right here made me chuckle: Ever took the train at 3 in the morning?
You can impregnate your girl and witness the child's 3rd birthday before you can get to the 4th stop towards home.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There is so much depth in your write. Very free verse and open, like a mind should be. Thanks for sharing your inner thoughts. It would also be cool to make it into a sonnet.I was thinking that when I was reading.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1715 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 11, 2014

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
LIVE LIVE

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..