And I Fell for Her

And I Fell for Her

A Story by culterud
"

A love short story about the girl I fell for.

"

It took me a while to admit to myself and, even longer, to her that I was falling for her.  Eventually I admit to myself, then her. Our first date we never touched, although we spent hours talking and laughing in that little coffee shop.  We loved listening to the stories the other had to tell.  I miss the times when we would walk through a small forest on a beaten path in her village along a stream.


    Golden-brown leaves falling in the reflection of the glimpse of her eyes as I glance at her beauty.  We both wanted to hold hands but she couldn't manage to do it and I knew she didn't like being touched, so neither of us did, but we continued to walk as she told stories of how she played in the woods with her friends when she was younger.  Then hardly weeks later that same girl that didn’t like to be touched falling asleep on my shoulder at a 007 movie at the back of the theater.


    You could tell that short time had changed her.  The not long after that same girl told me she loved me for the first time on a bus, coincidentally right after the first time our lips met, softly.  We then spent a week in a magical kingdom, waltzed in the midst of Italy, kissed under fireworks over a lake and shared ice cream. Oh, how I miss that girl. Oh, how I love that girl.

© 2016 culterud


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cultered, congratulations on placing in the short story contest. Your story of young romance is refreshing and innocent. Your writing lightens the heart and makes one yearn for younger days. Great job! Richie B.

Posted 8 Years Ago


What happened to the girl? Did she leave? Or did she change into a person you no longer desire?

A very short and sweet story that left me wanting to know more! I like how you allowed us glimpses into the romantic moments you shared with her, like waltzing in Italy and kissing under fireworks. Witnessing the change in her initially not liking affection, then transforming into falling asleep on your shoulder and even kissing, is adorable and makes me wonder what happened to such a precious feeling you shared with her

I enjoyed the short story! Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016
Tags: romance, love

Author

culterud
culterud

WI



Writing
???? ????

A Poem by culterud


The Mind The Mind

A Poem by culterud