Make A Difference

Make A Difference

A Poem by SamBug

I don't feel safe in this world.

I don't feel comfortable

and I don't think

that it's easy.

Too many times

the world is filled

with teasing

or mean words;

actions.

There are always

going to be cliques

in high school...

in the world.

There's always the popular crowd

and the not-so-popular crowd.

The successful

and the poor.

But its time for

the rude and arogant

to be silenced

because you never

know who will have

a gun on them

who is ready to

take someone's life,

an innocent person

standing by,

hit by a single bullet

because of rude,

inconsiderate people

out there

who must pick on others

to make themselves feel better.

And while this is all happening,

we, as human beings,

join in,

or worse,

stand by and do nothing...

 

It's time to silence

those people.

Stand up

and change the way

this world works.

Be the one person

who stands out

and states a message.

One that says

I was here.

It's time

to make a difference.

© 2010 SamBug


Author's Note

SamBug
Everything is so sterotyped with the way the world works and people are so wrapped up in what others think that they must bring everyone down. I'm tired of all the hurtful words and teasing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its true there are way too many stereotypes now and great poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was very strong, truthful and wonderful. You're telling those uderlings to gather their voice and silence those who think their better then everyone else. Well done explaining the life of our world filled with so many flaws and people who won't speak over them and those who won't action and make the change in our unperfect world. For bullies they will always trail through life becoming the robber and the killer and those who they bring down will live a low life of poverty or end life in it all. So many people try help and one say one can make a difference but, the day the entire world feels the need to help is when a real difference will be made. So excellent job on your poem of spoken of truth and belief in heart. Keep up marvelous writings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing in a very powerful kind of way. Thanks for sharing and trying to make a difference to help spread the L O V E :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I totally agree with your poem. people need to wake up and start loving instead of hating/ and play hateing.if we can get passed this injustice that we share we would become better human beings. I do believe you hit the nail on top of the head with your powerful words. thanks for letting me review this. keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was absolutely great. You made a wonderful point in this poem and I just love, love, your poems.

You write about things that are real and it's just really great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Keep it up. Like, great job. And s**t. Alotta s**t.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with this immensely. You should read the book "Hello, Cruel World" by Kate Bornstein. It made me feel a hundred times better about all of the a******s we have to deal with on a regular basis. Good piece, easy to relate to. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I could not agree more.
You've expressed your
concerns, disgust, internal outrage
with ease. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... extremely well-expressed, independent and free voice ... you speak of things that matter ... you speak fearlessly ... and your message is profound ... a very deeply enriching write ... and so beautifully lucid and clear ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Agreed. I totally know that feeling that the world is just so wrong and evil. But, the world may be wrong in ways and it may be evil in others, but it is the only world we have and it is beautiful in many ways.
Alright. To the actual review. Poem-wise, I think it's a little tedious to read so many little lines for so long. I think you should try to combine lines and use more stanzas so it's much easier to read and easier to enjoy for the lazy reader like me.
Otheriwse, nice work. Keep it up

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1355 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

SamBug
SamBug

GTown, AR



About
Okay... So these things are always hard to fill out but I suppose I'm going to try to describe me as best as possible. My name is Sam. Some people call me Sammy poo, Sam Bug, or simply Sam Loo. I'm .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen


Nowhere to go Nowhere to go

A Story by SamBug