My Lady (Revised)

My Lady (Revised)

A Story by Cylis Derrens
"

A non-erotic revision of My Lady Vampire.

"

 

 
By Cylis Derrens
 
 
 
My Lady Vampire Rev.
 
 
 
 
My name is Jason Edwards and I would like to tell of the story that changed my life.
 
I can still remember the first night I met her: my Alina. It was a cold night as I passed her. She wore a black dress as she stood in front of the club. I remember feeling drawn to her.
 
A beautiful voluptuous woman with long dark hair, she stood out in the crowd of women that were far too skinny. I had never liked the really skinny ones so she was a welcome change.
 
I approached her gathering my courage as I removed my coat to offer to her. She turned as I drew near and I froze enraptured by her beauty.
 
No words came to my lips and I could barely breathe. It was as if the vision of her had taken all other thoughts except to just look at her.
 
“Is that for me?” She asked and I only nodded mutely.
 
Her smile was like pure magic and I felt my heart skip.
 
“Thank you.” She said accepting the coat as I moved to put it on her, wondering how I was able to move from where I had been rooted only a moment before.
 
The coat helped her warm up a little. Still she shivered a little.
 
I couldn’t believe my boldness when I asked, “Would you like to use my body for added warmth?”
 
To my surprise she accepted huddling against me. I was aware of her closeness and every part of her that touched me.
 
 
Without being able to stop it, I felt a growing stiffness between my legs. I was so embarrassed I hoped she didn’t notice.
 
Part of me wanted to hide it by moving away from her, but the rest didn’t dare leave her side. She told me her name was Alina and she was new to city. I introduced myself and asked how long she had been in town.
 
I detected a faint accent I didn’t recognize. She had just arrived late that evening she told me. Alina had not even booked a room yet at a hotel.
 
 “Do you know anyplace I can stay?” She asked.
 
It was a holiday weekend so a lot of places would be full, at least most of the affordable places I knew of one left. I drove her to where her car was parked, and gave the directions to a good place that would probably still have rooms.
 
Before she drove off I asked for her number.
 
Taking out a pen she wrote it on my hand before driving away. I immediately wrote it down on a piece of paper promising myself to call her the next day. I called her a couple times the following afternoon but I only got the mailbox on her cell.
 
Later that night I was hanging out with my friends when she called me. I asked her out to dinner at a local restaurant, and I drove to her hotel to pick her up.
 
We had a pleasant conversation while enjoying our dinner at the restaurant. I drove her back to her hotel afterwards talking the entire time. We walked to her room where we both said goodnight.
 
An awkward moment followed and I kissed her. Our kiss deepened until we were making out in the hall. Slowly I backed her into the room closing the door behind us.
 
 
The next morning I awoke tired and woozy. It took some effort to get out of bed.
 
Every movement was taxing and I wanted so much to just go back to sleep. With every step I took, that desire simply became stronger and stronger.
 
 
When I went to the mirror I saw what looked like two bite marks in my neck.
 
I had heard about those people who thought they were vampires, and figured that Alina was one of them. I wasn’t one to judge, and if there were any more nights like the night before I wasn’t about to complain.
 
Eventually Alina bought an apartment of her own, and we would switch off on whose apartment we were going to that night. It must have gone on for months like this, after a time I began to grow weaker and weaker.
 
Everyday after spending a night together I seemed to becoming more sensitive to light.
 
After awhile I began to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes to this change. It wasn’t until I actually began to think of the cause that I began doing my research.
 
 I went to the library researching anything that might fit my condition, and something occurred to me: I had never seen Alina in the day.
 
No matter how close we had become she never saw me in the daytime no matter how many times I called.
 
Part of me could see myself marrying this girl, but why did I feel something was wrong all of the sudden. Acting on a hunch I visited her apartment finding an extra key over the door frame.
 
Opening the door I found her in the bedroom with the windows boarded up. She lay on the bed as peaceful as the dead.
 
In her state she did not even seem to feel me touch her, and feel how cold she was. Alina’s skin was like ice. I felt for a pulse and felt one that barely registered.
 
I suddenly felt a chill run down my spine as all the pieces fell into place. Producing the stake I prepared to stab it into her heart, but when the moment came I couldn’t do it.
 
I tried to force myself, but as much as I tried I still remembered that this was the same creature I spent some much time with. Looking at my watch I realized the sun would be setting in an hour.
 
 Quickly I hurried from her place rushing home. I was determined to get out of town before she woke up.
 
I was surprised to see how quickly I packed. It wasn’t until I was ready to head out that I removed the bandage on my neck.
 
I stared there dumbfounded as saw it had already healed. I decided to put is aside for later I walked back into to the bedroom.
 
I grabbed my bags and started to head out. I was startled to find Alina waiting for me near the door.
 
“Sorry to surprise you. I just wanted to see you and didn’t feel the need to call. Is there something wrong?” The last part Alina said as she saw the look of apprehension cross my face.
 
“Nothing, I’m fine thanks.” I said backing up until my back hit the wall behind me next to the doorway.
 
“Good.” Alina said before coming forward and kissing me softly on the lips.
 
“I have waited a long time for someone like you. You might say I have searched the entire world.” Alina said.
 
While I heard her words something else was on my mind. Looking down at her I seemed to focus strangely on her throat. Tearing my eyes away I met hers.
 
“Are you sure you are alright?” Alina asked.
 
Her face showed concern.
 
“Perhaps we should skip me sleeping over until you feel better.” Alina said.
 
I felt the sudden urge to be with that I could not control. Where it came from I did not know, but it was very strong.
 
Taking her in my arms I reveled at the scent that wafted to my nostrils before I kissed her. I felt my heart, strong and powerful beat in my chest.
 
At the moment I felt stronger than I ever had, and now that I did I intended to make full use of it.
 
 
“What’s happening to me?” I asked backing away from her.
 
My vision hazed for a moment and then suddenly came into focus. The walls of the room became transparent, and I could look through them almost like a window.
 
I saw one of my neighbors, a young woman watching TV. As I looked at her I heard a thundering heartbeat.
 
Strong and sure it called to me. Moving towards it I was drawn to its power.
 
Ever beat was as clear as a war drum and my heart beat to match. Like tunnel vision she held all my focus.
 
I could hear every thought, feel all that she felt. She laughed at a hilarious comic on cable and I shared in that feeling.
 
How I longed to be with and make her a part of me. It was a hunger I could not deny.
 
I closed my eyes, but I could still see her through that thin layer of flesh.
 
My stomach grumbled as my body starved for her.
 
Touching the wall that separated us I felt new power well up inside me.
 
 
“Jason?” Alina said her words breaking the spell.
 
 
I took a breath and there was only stillness. Gone was the hunger only to be replaced by the feeling that I had just awoken from a dream.
 
My eyes were open and I looked around. Everything looked normal and I felt like my old self but still strong.
 
“Jason, are you alright?” Alina said drawing near.
 
I could smell her scent and sweet perfume. She was sweating and her heart beat quickened as she drew near.
 
Reaching out I drew her near me tasting of her strength. Her body beat like a furnace and I took her heat into myself, changing it.
 
 
Filling me it gave me new strength, and the power inside me grew. Suddenly I wanted to be out in the night air, standing in a park nearby and closing my eyes I made it so.
 
Alina was so surprised by the suddenness of it that she let down her guard, and I saw into her mind.
 
“An Incubus?” I asked hearing it as clearly as she had spoken out loud.
 
“It a species of vampire unlike most.” Alina explained.
 
“You mean unlike you.” I added.
 
To the look of surprise on her face I answered, “I know. In truth I was leaving because I was afraid of you. You showed up and all this happened.”
 
“I’m so sorry, for abusing your trust and causing this.” Alina said her head bowed.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked.
 
Lift her chin gently to look into her eyes, I waited for her response.
 
Taking my outstretched hand she held it in both of hers saying, “Incubus are rarity even among vampire kind. You are unlike the rest of us.
 
We are blood drinkers, though we do not need to kill as movies suggest. Like us you too must feed off others.
 
The difference is the how. You are what is called a psi-vampire.
 
Your kind feed off of the life force or energy of your chosen prey. It causes no harm unless you take too much.
 
If you do then like us you can kill that person. You must be careful never to do this.
 
To kill in this manner marks the soul.”
 
 
“It’s like a great heat that fills me.” I said trying to pin point it.
 
“Yes, sometimes. Every emotion is different, and there are some other differences.
 
We blood drinkers are stronger and generally faster than your species, but there is a tradeoff.” Alina tried to explain.
 
So far I was understanding and encouraged her to continue.
 
“Such as?” I asked.
 
“Such as your mental abilities and your venom.” Alina answered.
 
 
Pulling away as I took a step back I said, “Venom?”
 
Why the hell would I have venom? I thought only snakes and a few other creatures had stuff like that.
 
“All Incubus and Succubus have venom. Call it one of your defenses. Your mental abilities are usually the first choice for obvious reasons.
 
Your venom however is very deadly, with no cure…not that it would do you any good anyways.” Alina said adding the last part.
 
 
“What do you mean?” I asked wanting to learn as much as I could.
 
“The victim dies in seconds, and penetration isn’t necessary. It’s in your saliva.
 
If you feel anger or threatened it triggers it, whether you want it to or not. Once it is taken into the body, the effect is quick.
 
You wouldn’t get more than a few steps at most before you died. First you bleed internally, and then the heart stops.” Alina answered.
 
 
My eyebrows raised on that one.
 
 
“All blood drinkers know about it. Your kind kills ours, but since you are so rare my kind rarely comes across you.” Alina continued to explain.
 
“Ok, within those instances yours have met mine, how many have actually been created by a blood drinker.” I asked.
 
This seemed to give Alina pause. She looked away for a moment to fully contemplate the question.
 
“I don’t think you understand. Blood drinkers can’t create your kind. We can however unlock what is already there.
 
All that is needed is some distant ancestor intermating with a human. After that it’s in your genes.
 
Once you are bitten or face death by poison or disease, your body will try to fight any infection including that of a blood drinker.” Alina responded.
 
“So it’s a fail safe.” I suggested.
 
Alina nodded replied, “A very effective one.”
 
Looking around I took in my surroundings. Every shadow seemed to have lessened, and I could see everything.
 
“What now?” I asked turning back to her.
 
Taking a step back Alina said, “Now I must go.”
 
“I’ll come with you.” I said as she started to move away.
 
Turning back to me she placed a hand on my chest to stop me.
 
“Our people are enemies Jason. If any of mine see you they will try to kill you, and the same will happen to me if I meet any of yours.” Alina said.
 
It was obviously hard for her as she couldn’t look me in the eye.
 
“But I want to stay with you. Who cares about the others! All I want is you!” I said letting my words express the depth of my feeling.
 
We were not a danger to each other and I could feel how much she cared for me. I figured that empathy was among my new powers.
 
 
“And I you, but that will change. Soon you will feel the call of your people and you will forget me.
 
The pull will be too strong. It is that way with all young ones.
 
From your elders you will learn your ways and find your place. When you are forced to choose, it will be them, not me.” Alina said with a sad smile.
 
“You’re wrong. I’ll never go to them!” I said angry and hurt.
 
How could she belittle what we felt? I felt closer to her than ever before. We were both powerful and perhaps immortal.
 
Nothing should separate us now. Hope had filled my heart as I thought of spending the rest of my days with her, and that was gone now.
 
It had been dashed against the rocks and only my will alone kept it from being lost forever.
 
Embracing me she held me close and I felt comfort in her presence. It choked off the sudden loneliness that left me bare.
 
“I would not wish your death, not for all the world. If you do not go they will hunt you too.
 
You will be a renegade. Our laws are clear. Homage must be paid to your queen. She will give you a name and your old life will fall away.
 
You will be reborn anew: strong and beautiful as you are now. I took you from your mortal life at the peak of your physical form.
 
I was so lonely and I wanted you so much. None of my kind made me feel the way you make me feel.
 
I could have fallen in love with you so easily, but that chance is gone. I will not be responsible for your death, so do not ask me.” Alina said.
 
 
“As you wish.” I said lying to her.
 
My head bowed in mock defeat and I gave her impression that I had given up.
 
Suffering as I was, Alina did not see the lie. If she had she might have tried to convince me further, and I might have given in.
 
I would let her go, but hold her in my heart. If I could not have what I wanted, then I would face that which would deny me her.
 
Let the queen and her minions come, I was unafraid.

© 2008 Cylis Derrens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

*gasps* Something else I haven't read! How the hell did that happen? Oh well, taken care of now. Great work. Not long enough.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2008
Last Updated on March 5, 2008

Author

Cylis Derrens
Cylis Derrens

About
I am 26 years old and was born in San Diego California. more..

Writing