The Familiar Face

The Familiar Face

A Chapter by Cynthia
"

:)

"

Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

~Lynn Holland


"Are you sure you are going to do this?" A voice like ringing bell asked " They wont be happy if they know what you are going to do."


A deeper voice said " Yes, pretty sure, besides, are you chickening out?"


The bell ringing like voice giggled " Nope."


The deeper voice laughed darkly, and he started to count down " On your mark, get set, go!"


Just as the voice finished 'go', there was a dash sound of wind, and what was left, was only babies cries.

  * * * *


There was a sound of foot step, and a blonde with blue watery eyes and green long silk dress walked into a long hallway with bared feet, " So, are they ready?"


A girl walked besides the blonde " Yes, my queen, they are ready for your judgment."


The blonde nodded without a hint of surprise " That is good, " she said " are you sure the incident will not happen again? You know I am not happy with that inciddent"


The girl nodded " Yes, my queen."


The blonde knew what she was doing, what she was going to do, to judge, as the queen of fairy, there was no need to back off, she smiled "  Sergiane? Do you think they will obey?"


Sergiane knew what was her queen looking for, not a answer, but compliments " Yes, my queen. No one dares to disobey our queen, the forever queen, Basileia."

Basileia nodded, as she headed to her court, where she judges different things, people. It was her place, there was nothing she need to e scar of, her court listen to her, and only her.


When Basileia finally went into the court, she stepped on the steps and she cleared her throat, then all the fairies, about fifty of them, kneeled in front of her " My Queen, " they said " Please come for the judgment."


Basileia nodded, and she stepped on to the step, glancing down, where over fifty fairies stood, she looked at the sides of the court, there were different types of art treasure and even more, all those things she treasured , she smiled, she was pleased for what she did back in those five hundred and seventy -eight years.


" Bring them up." Baileia ordered " I need to start the judgment."


Two guards walked in, followed by a few woman, man and finally some babies. Aside from the sleeping babies, all of them were all trembling with fear, glancing around them, with fear in their eyes. "Here they are." One of the two guards,  wearing a black armor which blocked his whole body, only showing his green eyes " You may start, my beloved queen."


Basileia nodded, as she signaled the first woman to step in " Whats your name, mortal?"

The woman said, voice trembling  hard, and shivering with fear" My.. my name is... Adele. Who are you?"

Basileia said “ No need for you to know who we are,” she smiled cruly.

Basileia nodded after a few seconds " tell me what you can do, mortal"

Adele, the woman with a young face said “ Are.... you..”

Basileia said “ Cut that out, tell me what you can do.” She said “ I am here to ask, not to answer any question.” there was a force in her eyes which no one can disobey.


Adele nodded with fear " Yes, ma'am, I can do everything, I am a servant of a family."

Basileia nodded " Great, you are going to serve us then."

Adele shook " No, I can't, I need to find my baby, my husband can't care him."

Basileia laughed without humor " No worries, he is already here."

Adele shook " It can't be."
Basileia tried to hide a smile " Trust me, your husband will not hurt him again."


Basileia knew what had happened, her guards had changed her real baby with a changeling, thats how they steal, " the baby had a hair of blonde, isn't that beautiful?"

Adele fell two steps back and nearly fall down, she looked shocked" How do you know?"

Basileia smiled " No worries. Guards! Bring her away."


Adele tried to struggle, but the strong guards had surrounded her and brought her away, while they grabbed Adele's arm along with Adele's sharp scream. Basileia shook " What a unbearable woman, bring the next up!"


One by one, they were judged, even the decisions were full of crying and screams, they might need to serve, but some of them might die. But the judgment still need to be made, it was not only because of what they need to live, but she need to change the future which may be bad to fairy. As Basileia was about to judge a two months old baby, something stopped her, her face.

Basileia asked” Who she is?”
One of the two guards, wearing the same armor like anyone else, said “ Her name is Gasira, she used to live in a village near the gate through fairy and human world, that is why our guard caught her.”

Basileia nodded after a shock emotion flashed across her face “ She looks familiar.” She muttered to herself “ She looks just like the same as...... her.”


The guard shook “ It couldn't be her, we have killed her already, you have judged her to death.”
Basileia raised her eyebrows, and looked into the crowd, they were her guards, her servants, her people “ Who let her go?” She demanded “ The last time I see her. She is one months old, and now, the time is exactly the same, and she is called... Gasira as well, who let her go?”

No one answered her, but they were whispering to one another, they were all surprised.


Basileia said “ I couldn't let her go back to human world nor kill her now, I need to find out who let her go in the first space. I have made my judgment.” She paused, as she lifted up the baby with both of her hands “ She will stay at fairy, but she will never got to go out from the black house!”

Everyone below Basileia looked at each other, the black house was probably the scariest place in fairy, where were guarded by guards, surrounding the house. Someone with a serious face said “ My queen, but, who will care for her?”

Basileia said “ Labiba, I believe she wont betray me.”


A woman walked up, she had a hair of chocolate brown, her eyes were fill with knownledge, she looked young, although you could tell she was a woman “ how may I help you?” she asked.

Basileia said “ I'll need you to look after this beast,” as she pointed at the baby, resting in a guard's arm with even breathe, “ for her whole life, she is no one we can stop if she becomes a fairy, and we can't get her back to human world nor kill her, someone is at the back of her, we need to find him or her out before killing her!”

Labiba nodded “ Yes queen, “ she brought away the baby, and walked out the court, with obedient in her eyes.

Every fairy obeys the queen, they couldn't disobey, not if they couldn't untie their relationship between fairy and their queen.





© 2011 Cynthia


Author's Note

Cynthia
So, I have done some researches about old times fairy tales, and here's what I wrote afterwards. I hope you like it, pls do tell me what you think about it.
This chapter is till waiting for editing, so I will go back to edit things once I have time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done i am impressed .

Posted 13 Years Ago


the storyline is really well done! i love this book so far.. keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oooh, the story line is building wonderfully. and i agree, i can see this a children's book. the imagery and emotion was portrayed effortlessly. well done! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow is all I can say!

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice writing here, this was good work. i love the quote at the top of this chapter, now that's real good. and i must agree, your characters are strong and i love the dialogue here. great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have a truly remarkable imagination

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful installment on this book.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The story is very good. You have a very good mind. To combine this story together and make it sound logical and interesting. I like the story so far. You create strong characters and a interesting situation. A outstanding chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


you have a terrific keen sence of story writing, not my genre but a pleasent read... few mistake. Gramatical, and structure mainly, but very nice story

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really well written. There are a few grammer and spelling errors but otherwise it was awesome.
Writing keeps the dream alive
~Never~

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

654 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on February 5, 2011


Author

Cynthia
Cynthia

Hong Kong



About
Sorry everyone, but I didn't go on this site regularly, I also turn off my read request, but will be up as soon as I find this site... worth spending time on Hello! My name is Cynthia, I'm from Ho.. more..

Writing
Did I? Did I?

A Poem by Cynthia


I'm Sorry... I'm Sorry...

A Poem by Cynthia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bartholomew Bartholomew

A Poem by Fegger