The Song

The Song

A Story by Cynthia
"

Did anyone listen?

"
Sitting in front of the screen, wondering what is happening to me. Sorrow deepens, and the heart broken. Why am I deleting, every single word, I tend to write down? Is there something, I'm trying to hide? Or is it just the fragile soul of mine, trying to keep away, from the mean face?

Is there anything left in me, which worth a smile? Is there anything left in me, which worth for a look? Why am I still hiding? Why can't I stand out, and said, ' I've no regret'? Or is it the fragile soul of mine, trying to keep me away, from the sharpen arrow?

When everything is done, I shall leave, but things were never done. Just leave shadows, under the smiling face. I hope I can undo everything, and let it start again, but things hand started, and tears have been dropped, there is no one to blame, except the fragile soul of mine.

Please don't break my heart, please don't break my hope. This song has kept been sing, by my fragile soul, but who listen to it? Who really wants to listen to me? Or is it just the ugly soul, you have tried to hide from me? Or is the fragile soul, trying to keep away from truth?

My heart keeps breaking, whenever I write, the pain  is deepen, but there's something to write. To write how much I own you, to write how much I'd tried, still no one listens. Why can't I just walk away? And leave the past behind?


written in: 29-4-11 7:53

© 2011 Cynthia


Author's Note

Cynthia
Did anyone tried to listen? Or is it just to pretend you did, while you still step on me? Its a diary of me, struggling to set myself free...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red
I had once made the oath of never reviewing poems and poetry alike, but I couldn't pass up reviewing this. This was deep and very interesting; I soon found myself rapt within this poem due to how I can understand the direction it is coming from. I too have troubles trying to erase what was once my past, but it seems to follow me like a chain attached to my sides, skidding along the dirty, cold ground, making my journey even more difficult. Also, I understand sometimes not wanting to leave the past behind, as if you think you could fix it somehow. I enjoyed this. Nice work and nice improvement; you'll go far in your writing no matter how heavy the chains from your past might be.
-Red

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Brilliant, a great reflection on the writing process. Love your use of questions which are so engaging. The poem is penned in a delicate way that reflects the psyche.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Words will always set us free. Each time we set them to paper we go back and see a part of ourselves lying for our eyes to see, realize, and think, on where we are and what we need to do to move ahead. I always keep a small diary of sorts to write in when I'm down, feeling sad, heck even the happy times! All of it is a part of me. Funny how it looks when I go back and see something I had written from awhile back and it's only then that I realize how far I have come.

I so could relate to this.. Your pain was felt, so were your words heard.

Mags xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red
I had once made the oath of never reviewing poems and poetry alike, but I couldn't pass up reviewing this. This was deep and very interesting; I soon found myself rapt within this poem due to how I can understand the direction it is coming from. I too have troubles trying to erase what was once my past, but it seems to follow me like a chain attached to my sides, skidding along the dirty, cold ground, making my journey even more difficult. Also, I understand sometimes not wanting to leave the past behind, as if you think you could fix it somehow. I enjoyed this. Nice work and nice improvement; you'll go far in your writing no matter how heavy the chains from your past might be.
-Red

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Keep setting yourself free, I will listen :) forever and always

Posted 12 Years Ago


I believe we must figure out what we must do. When I was young and free. I decided all decisions quick and easy. Pain and disappointment make me think and know fear. To write down words can free you. The past need to be lessons. Few people can live a life with no scars or pain. The scars are what make people interesting and worthwhile. A excellent poem. Sometime we must find our way to peace and happiness.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A excellent piece of writing! I adore it so much! Thanks for posing such a outstanding writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a very good write!
I like it a lot!

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!


~A Fallen Heroine~

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have felt this before this a wonderful piece of writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

804 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 29, 2011
Last Updated on April 29, 2011

Author

Cynthia
Cynthia

Hong Kong



About
~Ok, there's a friend request button, press it, but make sure, you're willing to be real friends~ Hello all, I'm Cynthia, 12 yrs old, from HK. With a big heart to writing, love poems and shor.. more..

Writing
Talent Talent

A Poem by Cynthia


The Baby The Baby

A Poem by Cynthia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Naomi Naomi

A Poem by +Naomi+


Going Back Going Back

A Poem by Mark