Talent

Talent

A Poem by Cynthia
"

Everyone has one :)

"
Talent is what everyone has,
but who can truly use the power,
of that precious talent you own?
There's a talent hidden in everyone,
but who can unearth it?
From the deepest of your soul?

The power of the talented,
don't underestimate the power,
cause the talent is which
saves them when they're lost,
when they're being ignored,
respect what they own, what they have,
cause talent is precious and rare.

Talents are what everyone has,
it only depends how you dig it,
from the deepest in your soul,
all starting from the moment,
you plan to work, to use what you've,
the talent that you own.

Written in: 1-5-11, 4:12pm

© 2011 Cynthia


Author's Note

Cynthia
Everyone have a talent,thats what I believe.
However, parents in HK often said their kids are dump/talentless, which i totally disagree, I mean, thats discouraging the kids! parents are suppose to help them! Not spoil their lives!
Well, I don't know what brings me to this, maybe after hearing my classmates being called dump by their parents? Yeah, thats a big possibility :)
Its a rough draft...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

yep, I agree on this. Everyone has a talent. I hate when parents do that.. parents can't control everything on their child's life. Eventually they will break free. But its a shame when a person's talent goes to waste...
Love this poem! =D Great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

true everyone has a talen, it depends on the person to draw it out, very good poem, parents are supposed to support their children in their goals and make sure they do not take the wrong path in life, keep up the good work cynthia

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are right, this a fantastic write! and so true great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That's terrible how parents call their own kids junk! I totally agree with this poem. Everyone has some sort of talent, they just have to let it shine. Just one little mistake, though. 'unearthed' Iin the first stanza, fifth line should be 'unearth'. Other than that great job. Thank you for writing!
~Aurora

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree, this was so inspiring.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kat
Everyone does have a talent weather its big or small it comes out at some point and then they love doing it and it becomes into a hobby but why would a parent say that? i never heard anybody say that before but that is just mean! Anyways Awesome Poem Great write I love it!!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


do not despair, my mother taught me nothing but negativity her entire life. i loved her deeply but, now that she has passed away i am free to be who i want, even at
56 years old. you have immense talent. exploit it to the fullest. very nicely written!

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I do believe that everyone has at least one talent but do not agree that all talents should be nurtured. Only those which will benefit and not cause harm.
For many years I lacked direction and did not realise my talent for writing, then once I realised it I ignored it due to the narrow minded place that I live.
Had I or others brought this out sooner who knows which direction my life would have taken. Maybe I'd of stuck with the college and university choices I made, but I doubt it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I understand completely where you are coming from! My parents were strict, very strict, Baptists and if I got lower than an A- they would flip, and say I wasnt studying hard enough. It was so bad that when I wanted to hangout with friends on the weekend, I couldnt because they wanted me to study. They often complained that I had not talent, which hurt me, since they were my parents. I had thought if my parents say it then it must be true. I am glad that I am finally away from my parents, with a family of my own (husband and son), and I have promsied to myself that I would only encourage my child and not put him down! You have a beautiful poem which is quite well written. The only thing I have for constructive criticism is when you write "everyone have" you should write "everyone has", which is noun verb agreement. Otherwise, you have quite a talent, and keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree, everyone has talent and is good at something. I loved this!! Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1482 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2011

Author

Cynthia
Cynthia

Hong Kong



About
~Ok, there's a friend request button, press it, but make sure, you're willing to be real friends~ Hello all, I'm Cynthia, 12 yrs old, from HK. With a big heart to writing, love poems and shor.. more..

Writing
The Baby The Baby

A Poem by Cynthia


The Song The Song

A Story by Cynthia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..