The Nail in the Coffin

The Nail in the Coffin

A Story by John D. Devoe
"

My reaction to the upcoming inauguration of Donald Trump on this date.

"
If anyone had told me when president-elect Trump entered the Presidential race that he would be swearing in on the same bible Abe Lincoln used for inauguration...i'd call you a buffoon and say get out of my face and back to reality, well damn folks this is reality. I keep an open mind, and as of late I've made the attempt to think about what could happen under a Trump administration; maybe more jobs, higher wages, I apologize I still can't think off to many. But the books been written, and today January 20th Donald Trump will be President of the United States of America. Let's get it straight, the guys not actually as big of a bigot or a racist or a xenophobe, he's a flamboyant businessman who told a disenfranchised demographic ranging wider than thought by almost all political pundits, and he told them exactly what they wanted to hear. There will be no wall, we cant deport ten, fifteen possibly twenty-million illegal immigrant without looking like the Gestapo, and you can't just ban Muslims from entering the country. Even though I sway left, I respect out constitution and there is a guaranteed freedom of religion without discrimination, so when friends of mine say "let's ban the muslims" but don't touch my rifle, it bothers be that double standards exact amongst the same people who accuse our recent prominent key political figures of using the race or woman card, think about what the man becoming our president today has said, amongst other things, completely disregarding the right's sacred U.S. Constitution.
Also let it be clear; he did not release his taxes because there is bombshell in them. The last presidential nominee to do the same was Nixon, so I shouldn't even have to go on anymore about that subject. This is also a man whose prime diplomatic channel is twitter, and has a bro-crush on the former head of the KGB. His cabinet is filled with sleazy corporate types, racists, anti-semites, and our EPA head is a climate change denier. So much for "draining the swamp",
But my point is this...Donald Trump will not make your child's life better. If you voted for him believing in the promises he made during the campaign trail, then you're more naive than you could possibly imagine. The man is, as I said, a f*****g diabolical genius. With the knowledge he beholds as President, he will emerge even more powerful and influential than while he is in the Oval office. Hey, hey, hey...he doesn't give a s**t about the factory workers. He doesn't give a rats a*s about the middle class, he is going to f*****g make it so there is no middle class anymore. He may not be as much of a racist/bigot/sexist as the media portrays, but he's without a doubt pervy and socially incompetent. Voting for Trump believing he would bring is back to the "good old days" where water fountains said "white"s and there was another that said "blacks," is just something that hurts my heart. To know some of my friends may share views of hatred and intolerance, seeing a direction we all as a country are heading towards that is in complete reversal of the hard work that has cost;lives, fathers, mothers, children, revolutionaries and the innocent and uninvolved alike, well I know I'm still young but I will have to live with possibly harmful actions taken these next four years for the rest of my life God let it be I live a long one.
And finally if I may add, there better be a comprehensive and efficient replacement day one day if Obamacare is completely repealed. It is a crime against a countries own citizens to take away health care from some 20 million Americans, health care that pays for cancer treatment amongst other life threatening diseases, and if those people are then fined for being without care as well be stripped of their way of being able to pay for the unpredictable occurrences that lead to us falling ill or getting hurt that could take place anywhere anytime, that right there is a crime by a state against its own citizens, and before I say it's state-sponsored terrorism it makes me wonder whether these people have souls, or if greed, power, list and wealth fill the void where it once was but has vanished and left behind people who are elected to serve their states and districts but do no such thing. It makes me want to hate my ambition, but someone needs to stand in front of these fat-cats in $1400 suits and brake down that we need to fix our healthcare system, and not just that- a broken criminal justice system that is completely to blame for the recidivism rate in our country do to the lack of opportunities available inside prisons and the impossibility almost of getting a decent paying job once released, leading to a way of making money illicitly because often there mouths to feed and the options are running our.
We need to take on big-pharma, their CEO's, and the politicians in their pockets, and make sure that our senior citizens and impoverished can afford their medication, hell middle class families struggle in that field too. We need taxes paid fairly but everyone, no lawyer or loophole should let your multi-millions sit in a bank in the Cayman Islands. That's money laundering, legally good business, but if it barks like a dog and chews everything you own, well than you got yourself a dog. I.e. its money laundering caked with Harvard documents...imagine if that money was put into our globally sub-par infrastructure?
Let me be clear, none of this has to happen. We are the people, the ones who vote these people in and can vote them our, we are the ones who can voice our opinions and let it be known when something doesn't sit morally in your stomach. I still hope and pray and try to stay optimistic, and when his hand lifts from the bible and he hopefully doesn't f**k up his oath (imagine if the orange b*****d ad-libs, that would be something) when that moment occurs all I can do is have an open mind while also standing as firm as ever before about what is right and what is wrong and not being a bystander. A bystander is as bad as an aggressor, so if you see someone being harassed over color, religion, ideology, whatever, and you don't say something, than you're just as bad. Whatever happens the next four years, the man deserves a chance, he did win the election. I'll be here to call it out if he ruins that chance, and so should you. Good luck to us all and God Bless America.
-John Devoe

© 2017 John D. Devoe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on January 20, 2017
Last Updated on January 20, 2017
Tags: donald, trump, inauguration, notmypresident, politics, social, issues, white, house, obama, liberal, progressive, 2017

Author

John D. Devoe
John D. Devoe

Albany, NY



About
Inspired by social justice, a drive to make a mark on this earth for the better. Lacrosse enthusiast, political junkie, inspired by Hunter S. Thompson and Mark Twain. Don't be fooled though, I love Ge.. more..

Writing