Attention & Affection

Attention & Affection

A Poem by Jenny-Jen-Jen
"

The difference between Attention and Affection.

"

Attention & Affection

 

Attention and affection; I have confused.

Such desire and lust �" what disguises itself as love;

Is it simply the iron mask which hides the truth?

Or has my mind begun to play its tricks once more?

Your ever kind words are enough to pull me in,

A little symphony of sound �" a rhythm you’ve mastered.

Your siren song, so hypnotizing;

Playing me �" like a harp without a string.

But it’s not enough to fill this heart;

Not enough to halt a wandering mind.

Is it really love you’re after?

Or is your mastery focused on the game itself?

This love… this affection my heart spills out for you;

One could not confuse it to be false.

But it’s like a beautiful dove, in flight,

…without a landing space.

You see:

This attention and affection, I have confused;

Is it love, or lust?

© 2012 Jenny-Jen-Jen


Author's Note

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Just a little something I had to get out of my head and onto paper. Usually how my poems come to be. Critique and review would be much appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I thought this was a very provocative poem, and obviously a very intimate one, too. I liked the structure of it above all else; the way you utilize different sorts of sentences and punctuations lends it a variety that makes it more enjoyable to read than if you had used the same formula for every line.

The poem is provocative because it concerns a question I think most people ponder when they are having a spontaneous sort of relationship with somebody: is it love or lust, "attention" or affection? You did a good job of relating the surface details of that situation, and the poem is an honest reflection of your thoughts; I personally feel like it would be more interesting if you went deeper into the subject in this poem and gave us more of a sense of the inner conflict it engenders. Still, nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I thought this was a very provocative poem, and obviously a very intimate one, too. I liked the structure of it above all else; the way you utilize different sorts of sentences and punctuations lends it a variety that makes it more enjoyable to read than if you had used the same formula for every line.

The poem is provocative because it concerns a question I think most people ponder when they are having a spontaneous sort of relationship with somebody: is it love or lust, "attention" or affection? You did a good job of relating the surface details of that situation, and the poem is an honest reflection of your thoughts; I personally feel like it would be more interesting if you went deeper into the subject in this poem and gave us more of a sense of the inner conflict it engenders. Still, nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

another amazing poem again with so much emotion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ray
To be honest, from what I have read so far from your writing, you would be very capable of publishing a collection of poems, if not a novel... It is "wow-ing" how you mix up the words and actually make the reader feel confused ! Keep it up !!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good to read your poetry Jenny. I like the flow of thoughts and the question at the end. Love or lust can confuse the thoughts after a good night. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012
Tags: Attention, Affection, Love, Lust, Relationships

Author

Jenny-Jen-Jen
Jenny-Jen-Jen

Mo-Town, NC



About
Death is Peaceful. Life is Harder. I base my writing upon what comes to mind, what I'm going through, and true feelings. I'm opinionated, and sometimes you'll see that shine through the cracks of m.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Poem by Jenny-Jen-Jen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


IMPERFECTION IMPERFECTION

A Poem by afra


EVERYBODY HURTS EVERYBODY HURTS

A Poem by afra