Eclipse Of Our Life

Eclipse Of Our Life

A Poem by Hebe
"

Human suffering - can we change things?

"

In a land that suffers from starvation

where white bones show laying in dry orange dust

vulnerable parched mouths, have scars of atrocities

where disease shrivels the carcass and ones radical opinions need no rendition

it only depicts grim and relentless human suffering

lets crush hope of all description!


We sit and watch in our vulgar prism

while in our garage we stuff our personal possessions

that are of no use to us anymore

seeped in our distorted forms of tradition

and inverted superficial western culture

our stellar image must portray propagandist materialistic wealth and happiness!

but reality depicts we are oceans away from any authenticity

just a slow strangulation in seaweed and plastic containers!

© 2018 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is much wrong in this unequal world. Governments and big corporations must shoulder most of the blame, but we can all try to do our bit to help. Trouble is, there are so many greedy and uncaring people (and companies) on this planet of ours. Will there ever be real change? Looking at the famine and hardship in Africa alone, it is as if Band Aid (1984 music charity supergroup that raised millions of pounds/dollars) never even happened! Not just sad, but tragic!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your poem is a powerful and evocative portrayal of the suffering and injustice that exists in many parts of the world. The way you use vivid and striking imagery to describe the experience of those who are suffering from starvation, disease, and violence is both moving and thought-provoking. The contrast between the desperate situation of those who are struggling to survive and the superficial and materialistic culture of the West is particularly striking, and it highlights the need for greater awareness and action to address these issues.

Your poem is a call to action, a reminder that we are all connected, and that we have a responsibility to help those who are less fortunate than ourselves. It's a powerful and moving piece of writing, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to read it and to be reminded of the importance of compassion, empathy, and action in the face of suffering.



Posted 9 Months Ago


Hebe

9 Months Ago

Thank you for your review .., one by one we can change things 😊
There is much wrong in this unequal world. Governments and big corporations must shoulder most of the blame, but we can all try to do our bit to help. Trouble is, there are so many greedy and uncaring people (and companies) on this planet of ours. Will there ever be real change? Looking at the famine and hardship in Africa alone, it is as if Band Aid (1984 music charity supergroup that raised millions of pounds/dollars) never even happened! Not just sad, but tragic!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mankind is a most destructive parasite. It seems he would protect his host since it sustains him but, no, he goes right on poisoning the earth. Nice write.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Your poem made me think of the drift of garbage that collects in the ocean currents and if it continues could become something like a rope wrapped around the earth like a whale caught in a net. You've crushed all my hopes and dreams in a mountain of tradition piled in my garage! (I don't have one) garbage is inevitable and I hate it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Hebe

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your comment, it’s sad , I just hope we can all pull together & save our beautiful p.. read more
'Eclipse Of Our Life'
Hebe,
Finding way past what is real and what is not- things are our distraction. Simple living is not seen often here in the west. If we spent less on things and more on our sisters and brothers...Wells of clean water, food, clothing to cover nakedness- there are many opportunities to help those who are just like us all over. They are on the other side of the world. They cry out here as well. Pick a charity. Their are many.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is, in my opinion at least a must read.... if anyone has ever considered the extent of human suffering all around us and if they looked up from their plasma TV's and fancy cocktails... they might, just might that is catch a glimpse..... You just reminded me of my time volunteering in Africa ... the orange dust did it for me... choke, sigh, choke..... Neville

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

5 Years Ago

You experienced it first hand and i saw atrocities in India. It leaves scares, and humbles you........ read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

Thank you for yours..... All Good Things..... Neville
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A scathing rant against First World countries, the West and all those who have lost sight of human suffering in lands of the Earth that have little personal significance to our own.

Materialism and self absorbed behaviour is one of the greatest plagues of our age. Too many are slaves to the almighty dollar and are content to sit on their stockpiles of assets, in their fake happiness, while true life and true human suffering occurs in the shadows of their vision. Sometimes it takes a serious personal tragedy to make people understand the true essence of life. And maybe that is what many of us need to learn.

A deep and meaningful write, Hebe. Timely and topical. Nicely conceived.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your meaningful comments, this seems to gave touched a lot of souls .....it ma.. read more
Does "were" = where in the first stanza?

Haves and have-nots, being given and working for it... on-the-dole and giving-a-dole... and all the whys of both sides - never end except when blame is mouthed. A whole lot of anger within the take mine and give it away routine... ever notice how many walk away from things given? And what really matters to most people when SHTF?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Hi Chris, very true... everything has a beginning
and an end and that's when the SHTF and all.. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

It was a natural, mind's eye revision each time I read it aloud - so I had to ask. Hope you're doin.. read more
Human suffering, the haves and have nots, the potential for so many to do so much for others, what, if anything, will motivate them to make a difference? Compassion and hope I pray will help bridge the gap that keeps some “oceans away from any authenticity” as you so beautifully put it. Sometimes it only takes one to start the journey of change and their courage and love for others will create a wave across the oceans and carry with them hope.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Hi Taino, your review was heartfelt and yes I do hope one by one we create a wave across the oceans .. read more
the description, the imagery, the emotions and the moods created within that poem...very splendid.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping by, i appreciate your words :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1638 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 14, 2018

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wistful Wistful

A Poem by TL Boehm