Let's Eat Cake

Let's Eat Cake

A Story by Hebe
"

!0 word contest - Dessert, painted, copper, plastic, kick, speck, consummate, documented, crow, stickler

"


I stood behind the stage, and watched the scene unfold!.  A DESSERT that was 5 stories high was being created. The chef an artist extrodinaire was sculpting his showpiece.

A dark sinister castle rose from flour dust and water, disguised in dark blue frosting.

This skyscraper cake was growing by the minute!.  His brushes and tools were flying everywhere!


I watched intently as he PAINTED viscious dragons on the moldy green COPPER towers.

Dragon breath red paint engulfed one side of the castle. A dangerous bloody moat surrounded the castle. He used PLASTIC cut-outs of evil looking witches and wicked goblins. A bubbling cauldron with half boiled toads hanging helplessly over the sculptered hard candy walls!


I got a KICK out of his enthusiasm and passion, he was a STICKLER for detail that was for sure. There wasn't a SPECK of cake that wasn't covered with chilling and creepy creatures of the underworld. A CONSUMMATE master in the baking realm!  The judges vigourously DOCUMENTED his artistic endeavor. Suddenly I saw him carve out of plastic this hideous CROW, wow! that would definitely add a dramatic finish of spin-chilling gore to this frightful gourmet delight..


Suddenly the lights went out on stage, and the audience let out screams, an eerie light hung over the cake. Smoke was coming out of the cauldron. The witches were laughing hysterically, chanting incomprehensible words. The chef seemed frozen in time, his eyes glazed-over, his hand holding the icing knife in mid air.  Panic-stricken I started running out of the building. I didn't stop till I reached the street corner, I looked around and to my horror the building had turned into the sinister blue castle cake!..... I kept running and running and never went back! 


© 2017 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Let's Eat Cake'
Hebe,
Oh my, this is truly a creative work you've put together here! The words fit quite well into your tale and it is begun and finished with gusto. I was mesmerized by it. It was a little which was the point. So glad at the end you escaped...yikes! From the colors and creatures and the ill feeling of doom it is a grand tale. The ten words are thoughtfully put in a measured way to bring about an expected end. I sure did have fun reading your descriptive piece.
Blessings and so glad this sweet cake of doom is not real..
Kathy

Posted 4 Years Ago


Another amazing work, Hebe:)
The image you chose added to the effect!
I enjoyed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hebe

6 Years Ago

Thank you Neetha...... happy you enjoyed it :)
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

My pleasure
Very neat story! I always love when regular, everyday things or ideas are turned demented or into horror.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thanks Mark ... sometimes my pen has a mind of it's own...it takes off and there's no stopping it..... read more
Hauntingly chilling to say the very least ... Horror at its finest to say that you have penned a nightmare most would not wish to visit, much less revisit ... Nice job ...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Hi Marvin...you discovered my spooky gateau tale :) thank you my friend.
As a culinary student I can honestly say I have fallen in love with this piece of writing. You are so creative and talented! I cant wait to read more of your work.(:

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Aww thank you so much!... I love to cook also, one of my passions:)
This is so creative! I'm pretty impressed by how you managed to make a whole story out of these ten words and a reeeeeeally scary one too!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

:) thank you... I do love those 10 word contests gets the imagination going!
This is an amazing work. I loved the imagination and story building. The last section is eerie, creepy and scaring. All credit to your fine craft.
You are quite inspiring, Hebe.
Thank you for sharing this excellent craft.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend appreciate your words.
Dear Hebe, I doubt whether your creation is a masterpiece or you yourself. Sometimes I just feel as though you are an epitome of creativity. Your writings are too priceless to be described by these mere words. But I have just given a try to describe the beauty within your writing.

Regards,
Rimmee

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Hi Rimmee....i can't thank you enough for your thoughts.... i have been writing ever since i can rem.. read more
Rimmee

7 Years Ago

You are most welcome. :)
You are a true Master at your craft. Wow, a fantastical creative mind with the visual stimulation to keep us glued to the words weaved into this stoic tale. I loved every second of it! I just got insulted about how ridiculous my contest is and how no body enters it anymore. Well, Hebe, you have renewed my vigor. I personally love this contest and you've shown me why, yet again.

Maybe it is ridiculous to pick 10 words out of thin air and sit back and wait for magic to happen with them, but I will continue, even if only one person has the grit to take on the challenge.

THANK YOU!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Please don't listen to anyone...only those who have no imagination and no talent in writing would sa.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

602 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 21, 2017
Last Updated on March 30, 2017

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Sketch The Sketch

A Story by Hebe


Unveiled Unveiled

A Story by Hebe


Wordless Wordless

A Poem by Hebe